Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

39 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Torres will unlikely move having played and scored for Barca yesterday. Felix just feels like it won’t happen and any deal would have no future as he see himself only destined for Barca.

Goncalves is still available, as is Vlahovic and Chiesa. Maybe we are putting as much money in the pot to land a top drawer signing. We still haven’t replaced Ings.

Can you imagine if we just popped up and signed Vlahovic and Chiesa on deadline day?? 😂😂😂

spacer.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thunderball said:

Surprised that (26 y.o. Argentinian international) Montiel has agreed to join Forrest for £9.4m. We were linked with him as competition for Cash, seemed a very good option and has a Monchi connection

Also surprised that Adams joins Bournemouth after his move to Chelsea collapsed after we have allegedly made him an offer.

The Monchi connection is likely the reason we’re not interested. Monchi will know him better than Forest’s scouting team and he’s happy to pass on him. He’s obviously not what we need.

Emery or Monchi having signed or worked with a player previously also means they’ll know if he’s not good enough.

• Like 1

So with Keinan's wages off the books (some say £45,000 a week) wonder what Wesley was on ? 🤔 maybe something similar £45,000, that's £90,000 a week freed up. I do think there could be a biggish signing still on the cards before window close 

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think our transfer activity is done. We’ve spent a fair bit haven’t we ? Just wondering where we are with FFP when I see teams like Everton and Leicester who spent heavily over the years and then had to really reign in the investment. 

I dont think we are. One injury to watkins and we are in big trouble. Also think we are light at rb. Also a lbs coming if digne goes

10 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think our transfer activity is done. We’ve spent a fair bit haven’t we ? Just wondering where we are with FFP when I see teams like Everton and Leicester who spent heavily over the years and then had to really reign in the investment. 

I don't know about Leicester so much but Everton spent ridiculous money over many years, and it's net spend too so they were always flirting with trouble.

I'm hoping there's enough in the kitty for one or two more surprise signings like we do.

Not saying big money signings more the shrewd and clever type.

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Nope, no way… all indications and communication from the club demonstrate that we are constantly active, and ready to take advantage of opportunities right up until the deadline.

Nothing to suggest FFP is a major problem but we have to be responsible/sensible, I’m sure the sales are all in preparation for further business/activity.

Just go back and review Unai and Monchi’s comments…

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Not sure we’re done as we would have signed Harrison if he’d been fit. But I think we’re close to budget and we’re need more outgoings first ideally.

48 minutes ago, Chindie said:

We can't be done. If we are it would be a gross error.

We'll be looking at least a couple more imo.

We're looking at Digne leaving and replacement in.

If we let Archer go we'll likely have another attacking player joining

Archer, Ramsey, JPB, Davis all sold. Digne loan. 

If those land we'll replace Digne. We might not get another forward in if we keep Traore though. I'd offer him an extension and keep him if we don't have a buyer for him.

Right now (after Buendia/Mings injuries) we've got 7 defenders, 9 midfielders (including Tim) and 5 attackers (Traore in here). 

We aren't light really when a few of our players come back to fitness in coming weeks

6 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Archer, Ramsey, JPB, Davis all sold. Digne loan. 

If those land we'll replace Digne. We might not get another forward in if we keep Traore though. I'd offer him an extension and keep him if we don't have a buyer for him.

Right now (after Buendia/Mings injuries) we've got 7 defenders, 9 midfielders (including Tim) and 5 attackers (Traore in here). 

We aren't light really when a few of our players come back to fitness in coming weeks

Why on earth would you offer Traore an extension if we can’t sell him?!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Why on earth would you offer Traore an extension if we can’t sell him?!

Two reasons. Firstly I assume if we don't sell him it's because people won't meet our asking price (might be to do with him only having 1 year left on contract too). 

Secondly he will leave for free end of next year and if we offer him an extension we reduce our FFP this year. If we intend to keep him and give him mins in games then we should want a few for him next summer.