Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

4 hours ago, villan95 said:

Yep we maybe could have got away with it before Mings' injury with Konsa playing RB but definitely need another 1 now. Only have 7 fit defenders (once Moreno is back) for 4 positions and 1 of those is Chambers.

I thought you was talking about 7ft defenders, I was getting all excited.🙃

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 3

This announcement is a about as quick as we close attacking runners down.

.....................Hush my mouth... and say 3 hail mary's

Edited by TRO

13 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Tielemans

Pau

Diaby

Zaniolo

This is a pretty good frickin window

Yes this is the key point. They are all 4 ensured starters now. And that was before the shit injuries to Buendia and Mings 

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So if both Diaby and Zaniola start, how do we use them?

Would Zaniolo take the position Diaby now takes supporting Ollie, and Diaby take the wing where Bailey etc was?

Or vice versa?

That's how I imagine it. 

• Like 1

What a window so far, injuries take a little gloss off it, but have we ever signed so many established players in one window before? All playing in or have played in Europe very recently.

Acuna and another RB/FW and we couldn't have asked for much more.

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Would Zaniolo take the position Diaby now takes supporting Ollie, and Diaby take the wing where Bailey etc was?

Or vice versa?

I'd play Zaniolo centrally, as a 10 ideally and Diaby in the Bailey position. Zaniolo could be the second striker and play like a 10, drop deep when needs be...

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Or vice versa?

Just thinking this.

I don't think you can move Ollie. He's too effective scrapping with direct passes. Leads the line well, and is probably technically the weakest as well. You want that trickery out wide IMO.

All three can probably play either side or straight up front. Might see a rotation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Tielemans

Pau

Diaby

Zaniolo

This is a pretty good frickin window

I’ll never be happy until we have a right back.

it’s toss Buendia and Mings are out but they can be covered the big upgrades should always have been RB and Diaby

If you look at our transfer windows by season since we came back up, we've gradually been improving every time pretty much. We'd have been lucky to get one player of Tielemans/Diaby/Pau/Zaniolo proven quality even a couple of years ago.

• Like 4