Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Yeh, I think this is a given. I still think we're in for that 'big' signing. Diaby wasn't it IMO. We're obviously waiting to see if he becomes available. 

Oh I would love that… I really hope we’ve still got an even bigger signing! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Yeh, I think this is a given. I still think we're in for that 'big' signing. Diaby wasn't it IMO. We're obviously waiting to see if he becomes available. 

I'm hoping were still in for Torres from Barca.

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

The piss poor luck we’ve had with injuries this week only highlights the need for another striker.

We’ve lost our talismanic leader and one of our creative players who looked fired up for the season ahead.

You just never know when a serious injury could happen, regardless of whether or not the player has had a serious injury before.

Are we confident that Archer and Duran could step up if Watkins got injured?

Personally I think it’s a huge risk to take, and would derail our season.

I think Zaniolo may be able to cover for Ollie… versatile attacker who can dribble and finish with aplomb…

See his hat trick for Roma against Bodo Glimt… a nice demonstration.

Best goals per minute record in Turkish league…

I’m hopeful anyway… adds to our attacking threat…

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think this is on similar grounds  to when grealish was leaving us. Concerns were raised that we wont have any creative output we wont go anywwhere without him and sleking best players.

In this scenerio we have a concern that mings will be missed because of his leadership. But as sad and shitty this news is we have to go on and remember this is a team game. Someone else needs to grab this opportunity by the horns and show leadership to the fans. Im certainly confident emery will be drilling this into the players

Yep… commented similarly in the Mings thread… it’s good to not be overly reliant on individuals and have a better and more effective team overall.. which is what Unai has done really… absolutely transformed us. I don’t think we recovered from loss of JG before that though…

Unai will sort it out… the way he recovered us last season after what felt like a series of setbacks under his predecessor was remarkable…

Should give us all hope and optimism, despite any stumbles/upsets..

The man actually knows what he’s doing…

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Yep… commented similarly in the Mings thread… it’s good to not be overly reliant on individuals and have a better and more effective team overall.. which is what Unai has done really… absolutely transformed us. I don’t think we recovered from loss of JG before that though…

Unai will sort it out… the way he recovered us last season after what felt like a series of setbacks under his predecessor was remarkable…

Should give us all hope and optimism, despite any stumbles/upsets..

The man actually knows what he’s doing…

Completely agree mate

8 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I want to see a Pau and Carlos CB partnership… it could be special…

Has a Laursen and Mellberg vibe about it

Edited by WHY
  • Like 3

I'd guess we are or were waiting on some of our top targets, it really is like Domino's, clubs won't let someone leave until they get their replacement or players waiting on cl level clubs before committing etc.,

Could see a loan obligation deal for Ferran Torres or Felix on loan being a possibility.

58 minutes ago, rubberman said:

Equally, there is an argument that if we are bringing in another CF it would be better to have someone who offers something different from Ollie so we can change things up when it's not working with/for him.

I think that's where relying on Archer and Duran is OK. They're both different from each other, and different from Watkins. There aren't going to be many scenarios we want to do that, but scenarios where we want to keep our shape and not run Ollie in to the ground are very likely.

And not having to go back to square one if he's injured would really help us.

18 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Feels like we have briefed the media favourites in the last half hour based on the sudden volume of information flooding the media outlets!

The cynic in me thinks there are still 160 season tickets to the Terrace view left that they'd like to shift... and the time before our next game is rapidly running out. 

May well be true that we are looking for offensive reinforcements, but I wouldn't be shocked if they're only doing it to try and get a positive vibe out there specifically to shift tickets.

3 hours ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

He’s the shithouse Villa needs.

This. We really need to eradicate our soft underbelly. Ashley Young had mastered the dark arts from his time in Italy and playing under the whiskey nosed one. A no-nonsense horrible bastard is what this side needs at times.

6 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

The cynic in me thinks there are still 160 season tickets to the Terrace view left that they'd like to shift... and the time before our next game is rapidly running out. 

May well be true that we are looking for offensive reinforcements, but I wouldn't be shocked if they're only doing it to try and get a positive vibe out there specifically to shift tickets.

That is very cynical as I don’t think the signing of Acuna will make anyone sit up and say ‘d’ya know what love, I will spend £1600 on that Terrace View ticket after all!’ 

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I think Zaniolo may be able to cover for Ollie… versatile attacker who can dribble and finish with aplomb…

See his hat trick for Roma against Bodo Glimt… a nice demonstration.

Best goals per minute record in Turkish league…

I’m hopeful anyway… adds to our attacking threat…

While it was a nice hat trick it was nearly half his entire goals return that season

He isnt a finisher

Found this an interesting one. This guy - who is a good follow for what it's worth - only really posts about tactical stuff and doesn't get involved in any kind of speculation outside of the odd time he might hear something. Not sure if he's just reiterating that he got Zaniolo right or he's hinting at Acuna/Montiel also.

• Like 2