Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

2 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Laporte from Man City would be a decent pick up now that Tyrone is potentially out for a very long time.

He'd be a world class pick up!

Not sure who you're expecting us to sign if someone like him is only described as decent.

His name has been floated to us a bit but feels a bit of an Asensio/Joao Felix rumour given the level he's been playing at for last 5 years.

• Like 1

The board need to bring forward any spending planned for January to the next two weeks. Buendia, Ramsey and Moreno returning will feel like new signings but until then we need a boost. That means:

- zaniolo

- a new CB- I think we could get away with a non first teamer given Torres, konsa, Carlos should be able to carry the most important games between them. But we need urgent back up in case of another injury

- a new right back- this would be the obvious area to strengthen in the first team going forward as cash is a mid table PL player at best

• Like 1

I don't think we're going to sign another top centre-back, before today I wouldn't have been surprised if DIego Carlos was sold with a cheaper fourth choice brought in, now I think we will just keep Carlos but still bring in a cheaper fourth choice, which will either be a similar profile to the Bednarek signing from last summer, or a younger defender, as in early twenties, as fourth choice.

The problem with new signings now is they need to hit the ground running. I don’t even know anymore. Feel ducking angry after that. Newcastle aren’t even that good. Just gutted for Ty and why the **** are Moreno and Ramsey injured too. Full strength, convinced, we’re better than them.

Season feels like a f****** write off given it’s going to be 6 weeks until we see anywhere near our decent best XI. 

F**** off

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’ve said this a few pages back and I stick by it. We’ve signed good players but we haven’t fixed issues from last season.

It’s been a weird window where we’ve signed good players but I’m not sure we’re much better for it.

Villa need a massive wake up call. I’m hoping this is it. 

Diaby was surely fixing an issue in getting a quality front three player?

Trouble is Bailey is Bailey and seemingly we're content with Ollie remaining the main CF despite knowing he can hit a couple of months of indifferent scoring form so does feel a bit like we've stood still but still time to rectify that.

Torres will be quality soon enough but Mings getting this injury is very bad news in short term in terms of leadership, now we're a very quiet team in the back apart from Emi.

Not sure on what the thinking has been so far at right back but this result will certainly get a deal going in that area.

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

The problem with new signings now is they need to hit the ground running. I don’t even know anymore. Feel ducking angry after that. Newcastle aren’t even that good. Just gutted for Ty and why the **** are Moreno and Ramsey injured too. Full strength, convinced, we’re better than them.

Season feels like a f****** write off given it’s going to be 6 weeks until we see anywhere near our decent best XI. 

F**** off

Yeah I'm feeling that too...

Preparations for today's match were in disarray with Buendia's injury and now Mings.

The gameplan was thrown well out of the window and Villa had lost the game in the first five minutes....

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang

Pau and Diaby are elite level signings. We need similar level at RB and up front. Cash and Watkins are (very) good but we needed better from them against a team that ran us ragged today.  I’m not sure if it’s possible to get elite level in those two positions in this window though.

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

They finished 4th last season, have added a World Class midfielder and other quality players.

Eddie Howe is 2 years into the development " project " etc.

I think people are in denial, they are clearly " that good "

That doesn't take away from us being shite today though.

And probably the toughest stadium to play at away from home.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

F**** off

They beat Spurs 6 - 1 at St James Park last season.

I think they are a good side but at the same time we would have never lost that game 5 - 1 if Mings never got injured.

I don't know what were going to do in the transfer market with such little time left.

Teams will also know how desperate we are and hike their prices accordingly.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

F**** off

Just got to keep ticking along, collecting points and getting through the Hibs/Luzern tie for now.  Everton, Hibs and Burnley are all winnable even with our depleted team.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JPJCB said:

The board need to bring forward any spending planned for January to the next two weeks. Buendia, Ramsey and Moreno returning will feel like new signings but until then we need a boost. That means:

- zaniolo

- a new CB- I think we could get away with a non first teamer given Torres, konsa, Carlos should be able to carry the most important games between them. But we need urgent back up in case of another injury

- a new right back- this would be the obvious area to strengthen in the first team going forward as cash is a mid table PL player at best

Isn't that what wolves did last season. Don't think going down the same route would be wise. FFP will be applied to villa.

We are not one of the sky teams. We will be punished if we overspend.

Edited by Hank Scorpio

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Isn't that what wolves did last season. Don't think going down the same route would be wise. FFP will be applied to villa.

We are not one of the sky teams. We will be punished if we overspend.

Yeah I was paraphrasing a bit.

I don’t know what our FFP position is right now but my general point is that it’s worth using much more of our capacity now rather than taking a “let’s see where we are in January approach”. If we’re genuinely maxed out in FFP then fair enough. But, as I said, we’re gonna get an automatic boost from three important attacking players returning in the coming months so the need for a boost is right now- not January