Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Only mcginn no way ahead of other two

He’s a class act, the other two are good but he is better imo. That’s football if we all agreed it would be boring.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I mainly just detest their fans now, the arrogance and entitlement. And the faux rivalry they have created. We don’t give a shit about them but they are so obsessed with us…

Funnily enough, I live in Wolverhampton and am the sole Villa fan in my family 😂 not all of whom are big football fans or all that passionate though…

They’ve been very mediocre for a very long time but the change in attitude has been annoying… very fickle too. Dodgy dealing to get them where they got, adored then stabbed their beloved manager in the back…

They think they are much better than they actually are…

Maybe you missed the recent talk that they believe none of our players, bar maybe Watkins, would get into their side…

High time they were humbled…

Only two good things about wolves are Turkish delight on Chapel Ash . And you of course!

11 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Caicedo is genuinely an excellent player in fairness. I think it's a bit redundant asking if he's "worth" the money because this sport and the money involved at the top level have become preposterous to the point where none of these fees are objectively worth it, but he'll be a transformative signing for them.

Will he?  He's a good player, but is he that much better than Fabinho was?  

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Looks a big upgrade on Fabinho to me, last year it looked like Fabinhos legs had gone (not in a Douglas Bader way).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, jim said:

He’s a class act, the other two are good but he is better imo. That’s football if we all agreed it would be boring.

So are luiz and kamara

Yea 100% jim!

Edited by Demitri_C

7 minutes ago, Eligius said:

Looks a big upgrade on Fabinho to me, last year it looked like Fabinhos legs had gone (not in a Douglas Bader way).

Agreed. The three midfield signings they’ve made are all excellent. I had hoped we might be banging elbows with Liverpool this season, but added to what they already have up front I think they’re a lot stronger than us now. Again.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I meant in the sense of things weren't looking hugely promising for them due to the hole in midfield and their solution to that seemingly being Lavia, to now having Caicedo filling that position which is a bit of a game-changer.

But yeah I also think he's a lot better than the current version of Fabinho. Obviously in his prime he was an excellent player but he's had quite a steep decline.

25 minutes ago, jim said:

So Fabinho be like:

Wobbly Legs GIFs | Tenor

And Caicedo be like:

Wobbly Legs GIFs | Tenor

Is what you're saying?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Awol said:

Agreed. The three midfield signings they’ve made are all excellent. I had hoped we might be banging elbows with Liverpool this season, but added to what they already have up front I think they’re a lot stronger than us now. Again.

When i look at liverpools business compared to united and chelsea i think they have done better. Could argue maybe even arsenal

29 minutes ago, jim said:

That’s fine… many of us disagreed with you when you were SG’s biggest fan 😂

• Haha 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

When i look at liverpools business compared to united and chelsea i think they have done better. Could argue maybe even arsenal

Tbf, partnering up Macallister (who they managed to nab for a low price due to release clause) and Caicedo again could work well for them… they’ve spent crazy amounts though…

It's likely that the Brighton's starting eleven, and the nine players on the bench, will all have been acquired for less than the £111m they'll receive from Liverpool for Caicedo.

Did Emery suggest we might be looking at a couple in his press conference? 

I think we still need a right back and a centre forward.

2 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Absolute scenes as Caicedo rejects Liverpool for Chelsea!

🫠

Liverpool fans currently:

Airplane suicide gasoline GIF on GIFER - by Lajurus

Klopp

The fee with the club is agreed," confirmed Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp in his Friday press conference. "We will see what that means. We aren't a club with endless resources and we didn't expect a couple of things to happen this summer. Then it happened."

Liverpool plucky upstarts

• Haha 1

If Todd Boehly’s Chelsea do end up getting Caicedo the bin-dipper loving media will be all over selling  Boubaca or Dougie for less than they’re worth no doubt. I hate both clubs so much 

• Like 1