Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

I wonder if Guendouzi could still be an option, Marseille reportedly want shot of him, and depending on The Donks future could be a great addition to the squad… 

L’Équipe have now revealed that Marseille have commissioned agents to find him a new club. He is considered a saleable asset by Pablo Longoria, and due to the fact that Marseille have five midfielders for just two starting positions, Guendouzi is seen as expendable. 

Guendouzi is still appreciated in England. West Ham United and Aston Villa are long-term admirers and Marseille are therefore still confident of a sale in August.

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2023/marseille-step-up-attempts-to-sell-matteo-guendouzi/

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I wonder if Guendouzi could still be an option, Marseille reportedly want shot of him, and depending on The Donks future could be a great addition to the squad… 

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2023/marseille-step-up-attempts-to-sell-matteo-guendouzi/

Only if one of our midfielders is moved on, as we are reasonably well stacked in that area at the moment. Also he will come in for a large transfer fee and wage and Im not sure we have enough financial headroom to have another big salary to pay, without reducing the wage bill beforehand. 

The only obvious hole in our squad at the minute is RB where we only have one recognised RB but arguably two who could cover, especially if Emery wants to play a lot with the three CBs in possession.

However, there are a number of places we could do with squad upgrades if (1) we really want to push on all 4 fronts and still want to target CL; and (2) we can get the incumbent moved on:

• We could do with upgrading Olsen with a footballing back up GK. I think everyone would agree with this although UE seems happy enough/is saying otherwise. I doubt anyone has seen much of the young Utd keeper we are being linked with?
  • Whilst Dendonker seemed pretty good cover to me at the back end of last season, his progression stats are poor and I think there are options to upgrade, e.g. Adams or Zakaria, with a relatively low net spend. Not sure any of us know how close Tim is to filling this void or whether he needs another loan?
  • A quality replacement for Bailey - if the Saudis are interested - would also be great. Someone like Torres or Johnson could also play "9" if needed.

Also others that would ideally be cleared out to make headroom/reduce the net spend - Chambers (if we get a RB); Davis and Coutinho and even some of the youngsters like Aaron - which seems like the current focus/an important job.

5 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

You can’t beat a late cheeky swoop, especially if it’s audacious!

Saudi Prince Buys Close To An Entire Plane To Fly His 80 Exotic Pet Falcons  In The Middle-East  Ready to make a Saudacious swoop? 

Flight tracking shows they are now on their way to BHX.... Remarkable photo shows Saudi prince transporting 80 birds of prey on  commercial airliner | The Sun 

• Haha 3

Guendouzi at the right price would be a good pick up if we move Dendoncker on. 

I'm talking £15-20m tops. He seems reasonably versatile and may even be able to play that LM role? Not sure. A lot depends on how much Marseilles are asking for. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I'm talking £15-20m tops. He seems reasonably versatile and may even be able to play that LM role? Not sure. A lot depends on how much Marseilles are asking for. 

He can play right wing and a holding midfielder and a hybrid role behind the striker. Got some versatility but certainly someone I think we could get for under £30-35m easily. 

50 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Nah, wasn’t sure about Guendouzi in January and even more not sure now being dumped by his club.

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

I see Guendouzi as an 8 (from what I know of him) and think we have an abundance of them - Luiz, Tielemans, JJ and SJM - and, as such, I don't see why we'd put more budget (fee and wages) into him?

1 hour ago, Adbo9 said:

still think well go for Lo Celso......... just a hunch

If we move Coutinho on, yes I can see us going for him.  If we only are looking at another addition, we'll probably go for a striker if Emery doesn't think Archer is ready yet.  

Tyler Adams headed to Chelsea's bench...  lol.  Can't see him playing much ahead of Caiciedo and Ugochukwu

Edited by KMitch
Ugochukwu instead of Ugarde