Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

7 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

A " powerful " feeling? ITK?

On a sidenote, Misha just posted that their is word in Italy we are after a Brazilian striker, Marcos.Leonardo, " according to DiMarzio " etc

Signed him on football manager, was the only player remotely close in goals to Haaland and ended up selling for £60m to Bayern and he's now linked with City for £200m.

So based on that I've literally never heard of him and would be absolutely over the moon if we signed him 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

55 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I like digne and wilk wish him well if he goes. If we are getting 20-30m for him and big wagss this will help massovely. He is i think 30 too so lets emery get another younger left back that he wants

Will never forget that goal vs united

I agree....and would love to see us try and get Ian Maatsen from Chelsea. He's impressed me every time I've seen him play and I think his speed and technical ability would be right up Emery's street.

7 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

A " powerful " feeling? ITK?

On a sidenote, Misha just posted that their is word in Italy we are after a Brazilian striker, Marcos.Leonardo, " according to DiMarzio " etc

Think he's signing for Roma

7 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

They’ve got to be worth £250m+ now.

And yet some people will still bang on about how ****ing brilliant Brighton are compared to us in the transfer market.  Brighton's transfer business looks good because they keep having to sell their best players.  Ours looks less good because we are only getting rid of players that are no longer going to be in our match day squad (bar Jack - who we made a £100m profit on).  If you compare Brighton's business with "squad" players it will be similar to ours.  If you compare Brighton's best business with our best players probable asking prices then we've done just as well - if not better. 

Edited by allani

10 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Apparently we have signed someone called aiden borland from celtic

The Scottish Sun have reported that the SFA have confirmed this transfer, by listing him as an Aston Villa player, when they announced their Scotland U-17 squad for two upcoming friendly matches (see link below), before Celtic themselves had confirmed it. The move was first mentioned in the press, at the same time that we did the deal to take Rory Wilson from Rangers. The fee for the young midfielder is said to be £300,000, potentially rising above £1m with add-ons. Two very promising players for the future! :) 

image.jpeg.e52d8682076d68f41f77562cf99455ed.jpeg 

Link: https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/11044221/celtic-aidan-borland-parkhead-exit-confirmed-aston-villa-sfa/

Edited by John
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, allani said:

And yet some people will still bang on about how ****ing brilliant Brighton are compared to us in the transfer market.  Brighton's transfer business looks good because they keep having to sell their best players.  Ours looks less good because we are only getting rid of players that are no longer going to be in our match day squad (bar Jack - who we made a £100m profit on).  If you compare Brighton's business with "squad" players it will be similar to ours.  If you compare Brighton's best business with our best players probable asking prices then we've done just as well - if not better. 

Think you’ve got that wrong, Brighton don’t have to sell any of their best players, they sign them with the mutual agreement that they will sell the player if the player wants to leave but only at what is a fair valuation in Brightons eyes, see Caicedo. 

Don’t get me wrong our transfer business has been good for 1 season, before that we lost Grealish and bought in Bailey, Ings and was it Buendia…? 

But Brightons transfer dealings has been impeccable, Watch out for a player called Adringa in their squad this season, touted as the next £100 million Brighton player. 

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

From Barcelona and AC Milan to signing for Lazio is a drop

Something is seriously wrong that clubs have waited until August to sign him on a free

I've read it is an issue with his image rights, no idea if it's true but it sounds plausible.  Image rights are a big thing for Asian players, particularly Japanese.

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

From Barcelona and AC Milan to signing for Lazio is a drop

Something is seriously wrong that clubs have waited until August to sign him on a free

In fairness Lazio came 2nd in Serie A last season.  Not as big a name but they did well.

22 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I've read it is an issue with his image rights, no idea if it's true but it sounds plausible.  Image rights are a big thing for Asian players, particularly Japanese.

There is no guarantee Kamada would be successful at any of those clubs. In fact I'd say they probably already have better players in his position. The attraction for them is the benefit to their profile in Japan. So if he wants to retain his image rights, a portion of the point in signing him is immediately lost.

From Kamada's perspective he wants the best deal possible, and probably backs himself be successful wherever he goes.

47 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Can imagine that. They probably coin it in from their respective domestic markets, so wouldn't want to give them up. 

4 hours ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

What happened regarding the transfer which the psk guy on FtLoPM said was happening? Has anyone called him on that?

Well no messages last night on his podcast & they did 1 before the game & 1 after so who knows maybe something that's still happening but taking longer than they thought, seems legit as Neil said he is very, very right, very, very often so 💁‍♂️ 

19 minutes ago, Frodo said:

Well no messages last night on his podcast & they did 1 before the game & 1 after so who knows maybe something that's still happening but taking longer than they thought, seems legit as Neil said he is very, very right, very, very often so 💁‍♂️ 

The optimist in me suggests that it’s taking longer than expected because it’s a top tier signing.

The realist in me suggests that it’s all a load of bollocks.

Edited by jacketspuds
  • Haha 1