Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Na, no way… is he even that good? Where would he fit in?

If he's an attacking midfielder, with that goal return 15 in 307...I suggest he is facing the wrong way.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

What is this about?

Either he's incapable of blinking like a human being or that's very much AI-generated.

EDIT: And he's missing a left arm. He'd probably suck at top-level football.

Edited by wishywashy
  • Haha 1

BS, as a player you don't sign a contract just as yours is ending if you want out. Maybe you do with a year or 2 left but not as it finishes.

I can't imagine we spend £15m plus on a player we could've had for free 6 weeks ago if they wanted to come. He'd be a good option, sure. But we don't need Kamara, Luiz, Tielemans, Dendoncker, Iroegbunam and Ceballos for those 2 positions. I mean, maybe if Dendoncker leaves and Tim goes on loan, but not sure there's any point in creating more work for us to integrate new members of the squad as 3rd or 4th choice.

I'd rather us sign Guendouzi to help out McGinn and Ramsey in the more advance CM positions. Sure Ceballos could cover both but he's more in the back 2 positions mould nowadays

• Like 1

Just now, TRO said:

If he's an attacking midfielder, with that goal return 15 in 307...I suggest he is facing the wrong way.

I’m a bit taken aback at how poor his stats are over so many seasons but also surprised at how relatively young he is, thought he was a fair bit older and seems to have been around for a long time…

Last season was decent in terms of assists… seems to have gotten more game time than expected at Real Madrid too…

Just now, HalfTimePost said:

BS, as a player you don't sign a contract just as yours is ending if you want out. Maybe you do with a year or 2 left but not as it finishes.

I can't imagine we spend £15m plus on a player we could've had for free 6 weeks ago if they wanted to come. He'd be a good option, sure. But we don't need Kamara, Luiz, Tielemans, Dendoncker, Iroegbunam and Ceballos for those 2 positions. I mean, maybe if Dendoncker leaves and Tim goes on loan, but not sure there's any point in creating more work for us to integrate new members of the squad as 3rd or 4th choice.

I'd rather us sign Guendouzi to help out McGinn and Ramsey in the more advance CM positions. Sure Ceballos could cover both but he's more in the back 2 positions mould nowadays

Yeah it’s a weird one… protecting his value?

It can be difficult to separate the wheat from the chaff in terms of transfer links, itks etc…

Doesn’t seem like a player we need or who would make a big impact… but I dunno.

Is he good defensively? Always struck me as a bit of a lightweight but barely watched him since his Arsenal days…

If Unai actually wanted him, I’d be all for it though…

14 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Not sure we can, half of this summers transfers like nkunku was agreed before he came. Actually don’t know which are his.

Either way I still think Adam’s is a much better player than Dendonker but it’s all about opinions. 

5 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I’m a bit taken aback at how poor his stats are over so many seasons but also surprised at how relatively young he is, thought he was a fair bit older and seems to have been around for a long time…

Last season was decent in terms of assists… seems to have gotten more game time than expected at Real Madrid too…

2 goals in 78 with Arsenal....he must have made a rake of assists to make it credible?

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

2 goals in 78 with Arsenal....he must have made a rake of assists to make it credible?

Arsenal and Real Madrid… can’t be all that bad… maybe he’s more of a defensive type… or deep lying playmaker?

9 assists last season…

Must have something about him for Unai to be a fan…

“Like Modric, Ceballos is appreciated for his ability to drive the team forward. He's the Madrid midfielder who averages the highest number of dribbles per game, with 2.29, according to Opta, as well as averaging the most turnovers, with 7.79.”

Edited by Jas10
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Any good Peruvian players knocking about?

Maybe it's the Canadian flag and they couldn't get an emoji with the maple leaf? 

David transfer is back on !!!!!!

38 minutes ago, nick76 said:

What is this about?

Decent edit but a lot of red flags plus it's from an account that's busy giving opinions on lizzo a couple hours ago, not exactly a serious leak account. 

32 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Yeah it’s a weird one… protecting his value?

It can be difficult to separate the wheat from the chaff in terms of transfer links, itks etc…

Doesn’t seem like a player we need or who would make a big impact… but I dunno.

Is he good defensively? Always struck me as a bit of a lightweight but barely watched him since his Arsenal days…

If Unai actually wanted him, I’d be all for it though…

Is he the kind of player that assists the assister a lot? His (selective) stats that the posts you've quoted seem very good for this kind of player. 

3 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

I like the idea of signing a "big name" like Felix or Ferran Torres, but I think the reality of such a signing might well be problematic as both have made it clear that a club like ours is not their first choice of destinations. If we managed to sign either of them would they settle? would they see the Villa environment as 'big enough' for them in the Brummie reality? Would their agents be agitating to get another move to a 'big name' club in eighteen months time?

For me the perfect signing for us would be Brennan Johnson. Villa would be step up for him, not a perceived step down. He is the right age, has the right attitude and exactly the right attributes to become a fixture for the Villa as Emery grows AVFC into a regular top six club. He won't be cheap but I'm sure we can get him if we want him. He'll offer extra goals, assists, and be an assister to the assists (if that makes sense).

giphy.gif 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2