Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

It's amazing what a decent manager can do with an average squad of players though.

As a side note. Fergie was doing it at Man Utd for years and still winning trophies when the squads were also complete with their share of shit bang average players over the years.

When you have a manager that can get the best out of every player he has then you're already half way to success. If he adds additional quality to that squad, then it will be great to witness what is going to be achieved.

You'right, I think we all know who was really "shit" don't we

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Can't wait for Felix or Torres to join and get slagged off just so people can get their transfer dopamine hit. I don't think either are a good fit for several reasons but new player obsessed don't care

Why would you wish for that?! That’s bizarre…

I’d rather wish for either of them to be a roaring success and fire us up the league and further in competitions, while gaining the adoration of us fans…

IF they ever signed of course 😂

Same goes for any player we sign…

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Not surprised. They have the squad to be able to manage his minutes as well and keep him fit. 

He's an explosive player - one of the best dribblers you'll see. 

There is no guarantee he would go to Man City. This is the same Doku who turned down Liverpool a couple of years ago as he knew he wasn't ready. Somewhere like villa would be more of a logical next step for his development. 

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

Back up keeper is one of the hardest positions to recruit for. You're either offering a last pay day for a veteran of taking a risk on a kid normally. Having two strong goalkeepers normally comes from replacing your number 1 and pushing them in to the back up position.

The problem has been exacerbated by the fact there is naturally a massive drop off between, arguably, the no.1 goalkeeper in the world and Olson. Is Olson that bad? He's still an international, he still can do a job in an emergency but I'm not sure we'd be happy relying on him long term obviously.

So what are the options? Pipe dreams of De Gea sitting on our bench are ridiculous. Who, realistically, do you get in who is happy being a clear number one but is also so massively talented that we don't worry if he has to come on. Think people would be worried at the drop off with De Gea to be fair!

Oakes was no Bosnich, Guzan was no Friedel, Enckleman was no James, Postma was no Sorenson... I can't think of a time where our goalkeepers were evenly matched... but with Martinez, that task is practically impossible.

Perhaps Rimmer & Spink in 1982/83? 

17 hours ago, viivvaa66 said:

Barcelona is desperate to move Torres on, that means that it could be possible to get him on the cheap. It have been reported is that Torres want to stay in Spain, so most likely he would stay and try to fight for his place.

If we sign Torres or Felix it would improve our attack and possible we would score more goals, if that enough to cover over the lack of depth in the GK and RB positions, is maybe questionable.

I see you Birmingham Mail.

Even nailed the typos…

10 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m feeling in a shit mood today so here is my obnoxious word removed look at me I’m an ITK post. 

Luiz will sign contract while you all shit yourself about him leaving ✔️ 

Diaby will sign while you all piss yourself about Saudi’s taking over football ✔️ 

Doku to sign and Fab can **** off…..

I should join Twitter. 

Up the VIVE!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m feeling in a shit mood today so here is my obnoxious word removed look at me I’m an ITK post. 

Luiz will sign contract while you all shit yourself about him leaving ✔️ 

Diaby will sign while you all piss yourself about Saudi’s taking over football ✔️ 

Doku to sign and Fab can **** off…..

I should join Twitter. 

2 things right, 98 things wrong!

giphy.gif
😉😂

Edited by nick76
  • Haha 4

18 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Just like Felix  Emery seems to have had him on his radar from day 1. If he sees something in him then i trust his judgement. 

He signed Nicholas Pepe too.

Hush my mouth....stand in the corner and say 3 hail mary's....sorry.

Can't speak to how reliable or otherwise the link is but I think Kovar would be an interesting one if true. Has gotten good reviews from winning the Czech league on loan with Sparta last season and is the style of goalkeeper in terms of his distribution etc that suits us more than Olsen does. Also counts as homegrown too which is something the club needs to bear in mind, back-up keeper is always a handy position to keep that number topped up.

Let's not forget we'll have Ramsey coming back soon enough. Our focus should be a new RB (sell Chambers), a new GK (sell Olsen) and maybe a new forward (sell Traore & Coutinho).

Edited by AV82

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

He signed Nicholas Pepe too.

Hush my mouth....stand in the corner and say 3 hail mary's....sorry.

Apparently Emery wanted Zaha, and the club wanted Pepe mate.

Either way, Pepe actually looked a ridiculous player when they signed him.

• Thanks 1