Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m feeling in a shit mood today so here is my obnoxious word removed look at me I’m an ITK post. 

Luiz will sign contract while you all shit yourself about him leaving ✔️ 

Diaby will sign while you all piss yourself about Saudi’s taking over football ✔️ 

Doku to sign and Fab can **** off…..

I should join Twitter. 

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Who all do we still need to get rid of (minus players like Olsen, Digne, Coutinho etc who people want rid of but are in fact part of the first team)? Seems only Hause and Davis left surplus to requirements.

Can't think of anyone else. You asked and answered for me. 😉

That Emery quote that some players will bel leaving is a week old or more, this a trend I've noticed recently with some of these Villa news twtter accounts, they tweet quotes or news stories that are old knowing that many will just presume that they're more recent ☠️

• Like 2

Just now, useless said:

That Emery quote that some players will bel leaving is a week old or more, this a trend I've noticed recently with some of these Villa news twtter accounts, they tweet quotes or news stories that are old knowing that many will just presume that they're more recent ☠️

Total villa is the worst of the worst. Makes things up and quotes sources where you can’t actually confirm or deny it was ever said. Quotes things from weeks ago that aren’t relevant anymore. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Sounds like more deals in and out are lined up and not minor ones

It almost sounds as if something has already been agreed...:detect:

But who for, and why the delay? :detect:

Perhaps the other club need to line up a replacement...:detect:

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Total villa is the worst of the worst. Makes things up and quotes sources where you can’t actually confirm or deny it was ever said. Quotes things from weeks ago that aren’t relevant anymore. 

So it's like what people used to think villareport was? 😅

It's funny how even with the three massive signings we've made so far, most of us, (including myself) are not remotely satiated. We must have more, much more!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, GingerCollins29 said:

Won't sign anyone else unless we sell some more players, imo

I think you’re probably right. Another forward player will be dependent on us shifting one or two of Bailey, Coutinho, Buendia and Traore. We may see another midfielder if Dendoncker moves on. 

2 minutes ago, maqroll said:

It's funny how even with the three massive signings we've made so far, most of us, (including myself) are not remotely satiated. We must have more, much more!

I think it's because we know how thin the squad was during the run in last season.  We had 3 goalkeepers on the bench, FFS. Our 3 signings improve us, but we need another 3 upgrades just to continue to challenge for Europe again AND be competitive in the cups. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, wishywashy said:

There also seems to be an obsession, especially on Twitter, with overhauling the squad and signing a bunch of players in a window even if there really isn't a need to. That often causes more bad than good.

It's like that for lots of teams. I don't want to say its the 'modern football fan'... but it is! The transfer market becomes the most important thing. This a great view on it from a couple of years back

https://dean-magazine.ghost.io/archive/the-cold-dead-world-of-the-extremely-online-liverpool-fan/

The first thing you must understand about these fans is that transfers are the barometer by which they believe all footballing achievement must be gauged. Liverpool had a relatively quiet summer on the transfer front this year, but they still solved the most obvious hole in their squad by signing centre back Ibrahima Konate. Of course, that was never going to cut it for fans who deem “winning” the window as the most telling metric on whether or not a club is in good health. It’s fair to say that Liverpool Twitter in the closing days of window was in a state of anarchy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Won't sign anyone else unless we sell some more players, imo

I'd be thrilled to start the season with what we have. We've signed 3 top class players already. 

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

But oddly enough, you could argue only one gets into our best XI…

Perhaps on day 1, yes, but Torres will get in soon enough... he's a superb player. 

Emery has raised the level of all of most our squad - from when he arrived in November, were we the 3rd best team from that point? Thats quite amazing really. Hoping to see a new Bailey and a fit Carlos as well. Looking forward to it.