Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

I think we can take it as a given that we will be sging a right-back it's the most obvious thing ever. Chambers will probably go if someone comes in with an offer regardless of whether we sign a right-back or not.

2 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

We had our best season in years last year, whilst chelsea had their worst. They have brought in millions in overinflated fees this summer.

Gallagher might be going for 40-50m!!

Yeah but one bad season out of 5 wont deplete the value yet. If it was 5 years of flopping than id expect their prices to go down. We had one top 7 season cant expect squad to go up in value just yet

2 hours ago, useless said:

I think I read that Neil Cutler is going to Wolves, so them coming in for one of keepers might be a possibility.

Could be an awkward reunion with Matija Sarkic after Villa (and presumably Cutler) decided he wasn't good enough for us 😅

5 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Could be an awkward reunion with Matija Sarkic after Villa (and presumably Cutler) decided he wasn't good enough for us 😅

Would rather Neil Cutler comes back to us as he done wonders with Emi. Would love to see if he could improve Olsen. Will not be happy if he goes to the dogheads!

36 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah but one bad season out of 5 wont deplete the value yet. If it was 5 years of flopping than id expect their prices to go down. We had one top 7 season cant expect squad to go up in value just yet

Continuous progression in our case

1 hour ago, Mazrim said:

This guy doesn't look like he could score in Handsworth during police strikes wearing a "I really, really want to buy some drugs" T shirt.

very descriptive...I take it, he ain't very good?

Edited by TRO

Genuinely confused about why we'd ever be interested in Ferran Torres. Is there some parallel universe where he's scored lots of goals? I'd even favor the overrated Felix over him. What am I missing here?

We still have a glaring lack of a second keeper option. There is utterly no question that's what we should be sorting urgently. We have a glut of strikers, midfielders and CBs. We could probably use a fast RB. Why are ****-ing around with striker talk?

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

4 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Genuinely confused about why we'd ever be interested in Ferran Torres. Is there some parallel universe where he's scored lots of goals? I'd even favor the overrated Felix over him. What am I missing here?

He might not look that good in a Man City or Barcelona team, and he might not be the  best attacker in Europe… but for Aston Villa he’s a coup, we’d probably be punching up to get him, and he’d improve our squad massively.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Villa 59 said:

Would rather Neil Cutler comes back to us as he done wonders with Emi. Would love to see if he could improve Olsen. Will not be happy if he goes to the dogheads!

Cutler seemed to do well here but I think Unai having his own GK coach (Javi Garcia) is important for the way he wants the goalkeepers to play. Cutler did work with Olsen for around 10 months too.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Cutler seemed to do well here but I think Unai having his own GK coach (Javi Garcia) is important for the way he wants the goalkeepers to play. Cutler did work with Olsen for around 10 months too.

Yes, they're all good points that you make. Not a good move to change the backroom staff after the progress we've made in less than 12 months under Unai

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

We still have a glaring lack of a second keeper option. There is utterly no question that's what we should be sorting urgently. We have a glut of strikers, midfielders and CBs. We could probably use a fast RB. Why are ****-ing around with striker talk?

We have a second choice Keeper.

15 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Barcelona is desperate to move Torres on, that means that it could be possible to get him on the cheap. It have been reported is that Torres want to stay in Spain, so most likely he would stay and try to fight for his place.

If we sign Torres or Felix it would improve our attack and possible we would score more goals, if that enough to cover over the lack of depth in the GK and RB positions, is maybe questionable.

50 minutes ago, ender4 said:

He might not look that good in a Man City or Barcelona team, and he might not be the  best attacker in Europe… but for Aston Villa he’s a coup, we’d probably be punching up to get him, and he’d improve our squad massively.

Hey, you may be right. But where's the evidence?  That's all I'm after. We need evidence, don't we? Just because someone played for Barça or Man City -- I know you realise -- surely isn't enough. We're not silly enough to fall for that sort of brand allure, I know. Not saying he might not be great, but I'm not seeing any persuasive arguments for Ferran Torres other than where he played and that Emery apparently admires him. 

Edited by Marka Ragnos

I think we have come a long way when we are discussing about our reserve keeper being our weak link. 

There always seem to be a fall guy amongst the fans though, but I’m sure it’s like that at all clubs. The fans want their team to improve and changing a player is an easy solution.

10 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Pubill not happening

' Monchi serves as football president on the 'villainous' side of the city of Birmingham'.

Eh???? Insert Vadar gif

Edited by KAZZAM