Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

2 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Big lump, headless, brainless oaf…

Utterly devoid of grace, intelligence, elegance.

We’ll have to stretch our budget for baby oil too…

Anyone who’s not good enough for Wolves isn’t remotely good enough for us…

So that’s a no… 🤣

Dang what did he do to you?

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Actually seen it suggested today, and it's actually something i've thought of, but never wanted to say out loud. lol

On a  very low fee, i feel there is a high potential upside, even as a squad player.

Rapid and built like a tank, who is to tell is, with the right coaching, and good players around him, he couldn't make useful impact?

I think the ship has sailed if I can’t believe @Delphinho123 thinks Leon Bailey and Emi Buendia are beyond help but Adama Traore is.

2 hours ago, beachboys1 said:

70 mill is nothing these days and if it stays like that the budget wasnt as big has we hoped

It is look at teams like Wolves, Everton and so on struggling financially after years of spending and achieving nothing. Being smart about business and looking for value is the smart way about it. And it’s not just bargain basement stuff we are buying champions league quality for value.

Edited by gwi1890
  • Like 3

Just seen something claiming Al Hilal ( Saudi Team ) are interested in Ollie, if Mitrovic falls through.

No chance it would be easier to get Ollie though so can't see it happening.

Then again unless Ollie wants to go and refuses to sign a contract.

37 minutes ago, KangarooVillan said:

Dang what did he do to you?

Nothing but, other than allowing for a bit of humour or exaggeration,  just pointing out how poor and limited of a player he is. We don’t need to put up with that standard of player anymore…

Check this out too - 

22/23 - 40 apps, 3 goals, 2 assists

21/22 - 40 apps, 1 goal 4 assists

20/21 - 41 apps, 3 goals, 3 assists 

No thank you…

Only have to watch him to see how limited he is, not a natural talent, lacks the game intelligence that is needed at this level.

With the “bulk” he is carrying, he’s likely to suffer from some injuries in future too… maybe a bit like Micah Richards…

Good luck to him wherever he ends up, not here please…

Edited by Jas10

2 hours ago, ozvilla28 said:

We still need 2 to 3 quality signings for me.

Interested in what positions as we're stacked at CB and CM now. Left back is fine once Moreno is fit.

Just leaves RB and probably another forward player.

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just seen something claiming Al Hilal ( Saudi Team ) are interested in Ollie, if Mitrovic falls through.

It’s mostly bullshit, easy and obvious rumours/links to make up about players going there… especially at this current time…

We’re gonna see more and more of it online…

Someone made quite an interesting point though, for the players that have opted to move there… that to some of them it might comes a bit of a “culture shock”, a struggle to adapt and they may be in a hurry to return after a few months over there…

To many younger players (like Diaby?) it must be more interesting to test themselves and play in proper competitions and high level games rather than just move for riches - what appeal is there beyond that? The option may still be there for when they reach the tail-end of their careers too…

Mbappe doesn’t seem keen either does he? Despite the ridiculous riches in offer…

It’s a very poor league and standard of football … I don’t see how quality players will find the motivation to play well, compete etc. further themselves…

The money isn’t everything… there’s got to be players with more “passion for the game” than just getting filthy rich…

It’s not like they’re not paid handsomely as it is…

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So his contract negotiations are still ongoing then, his agent played the Saudi card

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

I think the ship has sailed if I can’t believe @Delphinho123 thinks Leon Bailey and Emi Buendia are beyond help but Adama Traore is.

Both vastly superior players to him… and a hell of a lot more to offer… Berty is and was the better Traore too…

But to be fair to Delphino, he just asked the question rather than give an opinion.

I think we get attracted to “free transfers” when there’s really no such thing anymore… signing on fees are considerable (like a transfer fee in themselves) and players have greater demands than they do when they’re actually in contract… hefty wages to pay…

Edited by Jas10

22 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Interested in what positions as we're stacked at CB and CM now. Left back is fine once Moreno is fit.

Just leaves RB and probably another forward player.

There's two

Plus a reserve goalie 

But definitely a RB and striker 

Maybe I’m missing something (and I’m too tired to focus properly 😆) but I don’t see “playing the Saudi card” as a great ploy… and I don’t think it will happen as often as people think…

I don’t think Ollie’s agent has done so either… it’s a complete fabrication of a “story” imo, if he ever wanted to leave I’m sure it would be to play at a higher level e.g. regular CL football. I thinks he’s happy at Villa anyway and enjoying his football under Unai…

Saudis would be more likely to pay higher transfer fees and wages for a start, so that would already be an attractive proposition for the “selling club”… plus, that player is no longer a threat to you, you won’t have to face his team in any competition, won’t be going to a rival, won’t be strengthening anyone you’re challenging against etc.

• Like 1