Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

9 minutes ago, Villa 59 said:

Agreed. Just seeing how people would react to the possibility...no from me as well

Take it from me: Your question will be met with sensitivity and warmth ...

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Villa 59 said:

Agreed. Just seeing how people would react to the possibility...no from me as well

Don't think he'd get many takers tbh. Besides the stink involved regardless of the outcome of the court case, there are also big question marks about where he is mentally and physically.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Don't think he'd get many takers tbh. Besides the stink involved regardless of the outcome of the court case, there are also big question marks about where he is mentally and physically.

Very true. It's too big of a risk to take for most clubs

49 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

At the expensive of the Conference ? Going to be a serious balancing act. If we are in the mix for top 4 come knock out games does he rest players ? 

Will be a nice dilemma to have I guess.

It depends on what you think " Resting players" means. A good squad means more rotation than resting players. That's when whoever plays doesn't weaken the team

I think we are working to that aim. Certainly hope it is. That's the way you can stay competitive in multi competitions

• Like 1

Theres a clear ambition to create a squad that can go deep (ooerr) in 4 competitions and perform. The club's realised there's a pressure now to make a 'big 8' in the league and whoever isn't on that boat is getting eaten.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Awol said:

I think we’re building a squad to do both. People outside the club will be scratching their heads by the end of the window, wondering where the hell this version of Aston Villa appeared from. 

Ahhh, like a classic bobzy FM save. Lovely stuff. 

44 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

The last time a manager was backed to get CL was MON, who ended up buying the likes of Marlon Harewood and Steve Sidwell with the money to push for top 4! How times have changed! 

Hard to think of a name more synonymous with the Champions League than Marlon Harewood in all fairness

• Haha 2

I wonder could we see an attacking right back come in,seems too predictable for everything to go down the left every game,happened alot last year because young wouldn't have the energy to attack like moreno was and cash isn't at the level attacking wise that we need.

I think a moreno type at right back gives us more ways to attack

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

It depends on what you think " Resting players" means. A good squad means more rotation than resting players. That's when whoever plays doesn't weaken the team

I think we are working to that aim. Certainly hope it is. That's the way you can stay competitive in multi competitions

Doesn’t matter how good a squad is there will always be a team that is considered the strongest 11. The question will be whether that team or the key players in it feature in the league or the cups comes the latter stage of the season.   I get rotation will happen. But we’ll see a certain 11 for the big games.