Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

20 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

We need to IMPROVE on Cash, Max Aarons does not. Not sure he's even as good as Cash.

Aarons is better going forward not better in defence......

As a side point currently our right back plays as a defensive right back.

Edited by paul514
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Folski said:

Any idea what this could mean?

IMG_6569.png

I'm certainly no genius, but I think it means that the tweet has been deleted...

You're welcome 🙃

Edited by Tubby
  • Haha 2
  • Shocked 1

On 12/07/2023 at 14:02, RicRic said:

A season or two ago i was screaming out to sign Moussa Diaby fast forward to now and we are formally linked submitting bids and as much as it gives me a buzz i now have concerns or doubts on whether he is actually that good 🤔 now that could be tied in with a couple of players that came from the Bundesliga with both  Sancho and Bailey being the finest examples of flops, his number contributions as far as goals are concerned are pretty low but thats where the likes of @TRO @Philosopher @burchy @useless @maqroll @Delphinho123 tell me where im wrong 👏🏽 Dont mind it from these guys i rate there opinions on this chat 

I can't tell you where you're wrong, its your opinion, and all opinions have merit.

I know nothing about , Diaby other than what I have read, and they say he is quick and elusive.....My concerns about any player, is being taken out physically, and in the Premier League, it is crucial to be resistant to that.....at 5'7 he needs to be very skilful to negate that physical threat.....I don't think we are quite at the stage of 50mill misfits......We can't afford the Pepe's of this world, ours need to be successful.....so its a gamble.

It seems Leverkusen, want a huge fee for him, and that could be tricky, we have already seen a player from there, in our own Leon Bailey, reported as quick and elusive,at the time,  only for us to find, a spasmodic version of that.

Wingers are traditionally easily taken out, unless you are lucky enough to have a really good one, consistency is not really their forte. and passengers in the Prem are quickly identified.

I am not sure, of this one.....but other posters, who know more about him, will be better judges......However, I am notoriously sceptical about wingers, even though I love to watch a good one.

Vinicius Jnr.......I would be comfortable with that.😀

Edited by TRO
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Hoping for a starting RB (Kalulu) not a fan o these “backups” would prefer a squad that can be relied on given the extra games.

I doubt we are even looking at a RB Cash is the starter and Konsa will be back up with Chambers if he is still here as a third choice.

Edited by zab6359
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Konsa talking about Emery creating a small family. Everyone gonna be mad when he lines up at RB? Would not surprise me

I can see it, purely based on that old analysis of how he used to setup at Villarreal and having seen how attacking Moreno is.

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

Konsa talking about Emery creating a small family. Everyone gonna be mad when he lines up at RB? Would not surprise me

Why would people be mad about that? It's not perfect but it's been suggested countless times on here and Emery has used a more CB type player at RB at previous clubs.

Still think the plan is to bring in another RB thou.

• Like 1

Just now, bobzy said:

I can see it, purely based on that old analysis of how he used to setup at Villarreal and having seen how attacking Moreno is.

Exactly. Konsa too good for us last season to be left out and can definitely see Emery using him in Young role last season. Let's see what happens

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, paul514 said:

As a side point currently our right back plays as a defensive right back.

Good point. Emery will probably set up with a very attacking LWB and a line of three RB/CB/CB. Cash/Konsa or perhaps Carlos will be tasked with a defensively orientated RB job. I don't think we will use a RWB this season. That's why a top quality right winger is so important to Emery's style of play.

Just now, sne said:

Why would people be mad about that? It's not perfect but it's been suggested countless times on here and Emery has used a more CB type player at RB at previous clubs.

I've been called all sorts for suggesting it

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

What happens when Moreno is out though?

It won't work so well if it's Konsa at RB and a more defensive minded LB which ultimately Digne is or whoever else we sign if he leaves.

14 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Me neither.....Whether he plays Konsa there permanently or spasmodically, I am not sure.....but I get the notion.

The whole thing is making more sense to me as time evolves....I see no problem, with the amount of Centre Backs, I only see strength emerging, in the team.

I think its going to be a very exciting time ahead.....for me, Centrebacks are the cornerstone of a strong side, and we have 4 really good ones.

Edited by TRO

7 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Do you think the Saudis would be interested in Davis? They got to have a good 50 million down the sofa. 😄

Can't see it?

Arabian-20ft-tent-4.jpg

Edited by TRO

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Suggest it as a long term plan or as an option?

I'll put it like this. I prefer a lot of our players that got 3rd in form table since Emery joined than some bullshit fantasy 11 of players we haven't even signed posted on here that excludes near half the current team

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sne said:

Exactly, no one’s that fussed 😆

Most of us have suggested that Konsa could/would play as that RB/RCB… it doesn’t rule out a signing though…

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I'll put it like this. I prefer a lot of our players that got 3rd in form table since Emery joined than some bullshit fantasy 11 of players we haven't even signed posted on here that excludes near half the current team

I think thats a most relevant point, we must not overlook.

This is a good team under UE, and it should be hard to get in to.....so by deduction, its going to be hard to find players to do that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Lochheads twin said:

Agreed Marka. Anyone who can deservedly take a starting berth ahead of Tyrone is going to be some player!

I would have SJM in the same category.

these 2 were the bedrock of our improved performances in the second half of the last season and the onfield leaders.

we are looking to get to a level where there is hopefully going to be great competition for every slot. If we can get most of the recruitment done in the next  week or so, we can then start the season on the front foot with those meriting places on form getting the nod.

I can’t wait for the season to start! UTV.

What you and Markos dont realize is that he will play alongside mings and konsa would not be the regular CB … food for thought