Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

1 hour ago, RicRic said:

Definitely not true and he doesn’t exactly improve us however Pedro Gonçalves does 😆 but just dont want us to get fleeced €45m tops 

I rate Kessie, would thrive in the Premier league. Works hard, good athlete, aggressive, tough tackling, decent technique. Not sure how he fits in though. Makes some sense if we sell Dendonker.

1 hour ago, RicRic said:

A season or two ago i was screaming out to sign Moussa Diaby fast forward to now and we are formally linked submitting bids and as much as it gives me a buzz i now have concerns or doubts on whether he is actually that good 🤔 now that could be tied in with a couple of players that came from the Bundesliga with both  Sancho and Bailey being the finest examples of flops, his number contributions as far as goals are concerned are pretty low but thats where the likes of @TRO @Philosopher @burchy @useless @maqroll @Delphinho123 tell me where im wrong 👏🏽 Dont mind it from these guys i rate there opinions on this chat 

He’s done it on the European stage so I’d be less worried with regards to Diaby personally. Every transfer is a risk though. 

Personally I was disappointed we didn’t go in for Szboszlai but if the plan was to go to a a RW instead of a RM that can get forward then I’m all aboard the Diaby train, choo, choo 

• Like 1

Misha's insight on Diaby:

" If we do sign Diaby and our system remains the same then he's more likely imo to be a second striker...he's more of a forward than a touchline winger...

So if one looks at his heatmap it further illustrates that...he doesn't provide width...he drifts in centrally...width in that Leverkusen side is provided by Frimpong...

So if we do land him there's still a strong possibility we remain in the market for a right winger imo...

Alternatively if we go the 4-3-3 route where we use two inside forwards then needs are different...we may target an attacking right back rather than right winger...one that overlaps... "

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

🤣

Gabby been on the Shisha pipe again

And former Villa captain Gabby Agbonlahor believes his old employers could do a lot worse than to consider offering Pogba the chance to kick-start his career after a couple of seasons ruined by injury. 

“100 per cent yeah,” Agbonlahor tells talkSPORT (12th July, 9am). “If he got back to fitness, he could break into Villa’s side.

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

" If we do sign Diaby and our system remains the same then he's more likely imo to be a second striker...he's more of a forward than a touchline winger...

So if one looks at his heatmap it further illustrates that...he doesn't provide width...he drifts in centrally...width in that Leverkusen side is provided by Frimpong...

So if we do land him there's still a strong possibility we remain in the market for a right winger imo...

Alternatively if we go the 4-3-3 route where we use two inside forwards then needs are different...we may target an attacking right back rather than right winger...one that overlaps... "

Well in Emery's system the right winger was used to provide width when coming out of defense, but then they get forward in into narrow right just behind the striker. At least that is how Bailey was being used. Emery rarely player a no 10 and a right winger. If he played a no 10 then he had McGinn as a right midfielder. If he played a right winger then McGinn played as a hybrid 8 / 10.

Also if you look at Villarreal they had 3 wide forwards that all got games. So I believe 2 wingers / wide forwards / no 10's are wanted.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jono62 said:

Jonathan David not an option? Think he'd do well here.

He’d be expensive, plays predominantly on the right up front but has played the SS role previously so could be a decent option for us to play with and as comp for Watkins

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We’ve been linked with Diaby, Williams and Barnes, similar players in terms of being quick and direct, but we’ve also been linked to Goncalves and Asensio who are clearly more creative playmaker style of players.

I don’t think Emery is the type of manager who would attempt to sign players without really understanding how they’d fit into his system so the fact we’ve been linked with players with such differing profiles kind of suggests we’re maybe in the market for both types and two wide players will be coming in, either to play together or to provide different tactical options.

• Like 4