Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

12 minutes ago, Creeper said:

Only reason I can see us wanting him is if Konsa is being moved to RB/if Ibanez can play RB maybe? not familiar with Ibanez at all so unsure.

There’s too many of these nonsense links around. Bremer was constantly being brought him until we signed Pau.

So much rubbish out there.

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Oh, I’m glad to see it but… you know what I mean. I was brought up on Italian football so I always want them to succeed!

Sadly, the most successful league will always be the richest one. Players will go where the money is. That’s what Serie A was at one point…

If the current trend continues, it won’t be long before the Saudis completely take over.

It’s horrid and corrupt really, and Italian teams are certainly not innocent 🤣 Juve 🤦‍♂️

Anyway, bring back this masterpiece 😆

Yeah back before the Champions League when you got to see some of the "lesser" teams who still had some quality players.  Unfortunately the coverage isn't there any more outside of the teams that do pretty well in the big competitions.

9 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Football Italia on C4 in the early 90s was so good. James Richardson in particular was able to take the interest UK viewers had in Gazza and Platt and expand it to cover the whole league really well. He was in his early 20s with virtually no TV experience when C4 gave him that job. Peter Brackley’s commentary was superb too.

‘‘Twas my favourite 😭 

Goal of the month was amazing, so many spectacular goals! Best around!

So many players who kind of flew under the radar too with amazing technique e.g. Enrico Chiesa. Let’s get his son signed! 🤣

Fantastic defenders like Maldini, Nesta, Cannavaro, Thuram too…

Oh I miss it…

Edited by Jas10

3 minutes ago, allani said:

Yeah back before the Champions League when you got to see some of the "lesser" teams who still had some quality players.  Unfortunately the coverage isn't there any more outside of the teams that do pretty well in the big competitions.

I tell you what made me laugh… in terms of media ignorance and arrogance. How little and how few knew of Pirlo and his qualities… caught on so late 🤣 

One of the greatest players ever, what a maestro! Pure elegance and artistry 👌

R9’s peak was at Inter too, an unstoppable force, unfortunately they kicked the shit out of him and he had those horrific injuries…

Edited by Jas10

5 minutes ago, allani said:

Remember Baggio and Pirlo at Brescia? 🤌👌

14 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Or Konsa 👀

Truth be told, brilliant old fashioned defender.

However, with the arrival of Pau, will probably the weakest in the areas of progressive passing and pace.

Thing is, remember what Monchi does , is sell players at peak value and get replacements in.

Could be onto something there 👍 konsa was excellent last season probably his best in a Villa shirt 🤔 so would go for top dollar right now.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Or Konsa 👀

However, with the arrival of Pau, will probably the weakest in the areas of progressive passing and pace.

Thing is, remember what Monchi does , is sell players at peak value and get replacements in.

Konsa 25, Carlos 30, would be terrible decision to get rid of Konsa

Mings and Torres are probably our first choice pairing in the short term but Konsa Torres is the future 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Or Konsa 👀

Could be onto something there 👍 konsa was excellent last season probably his best in a Villa shirt 🤔 so would go for top dollar right now.

9 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Football Italia on C4 in the early 90s was so good. James Richardson in particular was able to take the interest UK viewers had in Gazza and Platt and expand it to cover the whole league really well. He was in his early 20s with virtually no TV experience when C4 gave him that job. Peter Brackley’s commentary was superb too.

i used to love watching Football Italia at the weekend, being able to watch all the Italian highlights, which almost seemed exotic back then, was something else.

Also enjoyed to little segments they did, sitting in coffee shops around italian cities talking about this or that.

Was a superb show.

Cannavaro, Maldini, Batistuta, Gazza, Weah, Asprilla, Baggio, Di Canio, Baresi, Desailly, Costacurta, Laudrup, Del Piero, Deschamps, Vialli, Brolin, Nesta, Di Matteo, Casiraghi, Fonseca, Conte, Buffon, Vieri, Thuram........etc etc.

golden age for Italian football tbh.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Kind of sad to see the state of Serie A nowadays, relatively weak and a lack of quality (beyond the “top” teams). Far cry from the dominant days of the 90s, superstar players and formidable teams…

Not many players like that around nowadays either… I would bloody love a young Batistuta at Villa!! 🤣 Unique. Del Piero, Totti, Pirlo, Vieri, Baggio, the real Ronaldo, Zidane…. glorious days…

Not too many players I would want from there now and the good ones are far too expensive and difficult for us to attract.

Can we get Chiesa though? 😆

I'd say it's widely considered to he the 2nd strongest league in Europe right now in terms of top to bottom quality. It's had a resurgence in recent seasons if anything.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Konsa 25, Carlos 30, would be terrible decision to get rid of Konsa

Mings and Torres are probably our first choice pairing in the short term but Konsa Torres is the future 

7 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Konsa made more starts and played more minutes than anyone else in our squad last season… so I don’t think we’ll be selling him

Don't get me wrong, I don't necessarily want to see him sold.

However, in truth, he is the least " modern " of our CBs.

I'm not sure if he is the " future " if i'm honest, he's slow.

I have a feeling that over the next couple of seasons there will be some painful outgoings.

But we have to become self sustainable.

Hopefully if this is the case, we are sure to keep our " core " at all times.

21 hours ago, Philosopher said:

True but if you play a pass that give a player an opportunity to shoot from an acute angle, that still adds to your expected assists.

In Buendia's case the fact his Xa is so munch higher than his actual assists suggests that the opportunities he create aren't being converted. So while some of these opportunities not being taken can be due to poor finishing, but the majority are probably due to the quality of the chances he is creating.

Stats have to be backed up by other stats. So Xa, has to be put in context of actual assists, shot creating actions, and crosses. Like no of passes has to be looked at with pass completion, progressive passes, and key passes.

The quality of the chance you create is what is given a numerical number. So in my example of a player missing a tap in. The xG of the shot would be say 0.95 which means 95% of the time a goal is scored. The xAG is the 0.95 to the player who played the pass and 0.95 xG to player taking the shot.

The second example I gave where the pass was behind the striker, the xG of that would be say 0.2. So what we are measuring with the number is how good the chance created by the pass was. 

So in the example the player who played the pass gets xAG of 0.95 or 0.2 and gets 0 or 1 in terms of assists. Yet the actual pass quality and chance created was significantly better in the first than the second yet he didn't get an assist.

This is why xAG is better measure than actual assists. When judging how creative a player is.

Wont be a happy man if the magpies end up with Felix (tbf I thought they would have a excellent chance between them and PSG) , theres only one way to settle that score if he did 👇🏽

KM10 👀

We do need to know when the best time to sell players to get maximum value. I think Konsa is there.  If we have an opportunity to get great money, we should take it. 

great player, but we can do better with money we can get for him 

47 minutes ago, allani said:

You mean the Serie A who had three teams in European finals last season (OK they lost all of them)?  There are plenty of very good players at "unheard" of teams - obviously not the same as the 80s / 90s - but there are some quality players around.  Part of the problem is that the British media dismiss a large chunk of Italian teams because they've never heard of them.  I listened to some of the English commentators / pundits talk about Italian players during Euro 20 (in 2021) and it was pretty embarrassing how little they knew about either the players or the teams they played for.

They don't know much about us either, so its par for the course.

Below  the top 6 is out of their comfort zone....They even know the gas bill at Man U😀

43 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

‘‘Twas my favourite 😭 

Goal of the month was amazing, so many spectacular goals! Best around!

So many players who kind of flew under the radar too with amazing technique e.g. Enrico Chiesa. Let’s get his son signed! 🤣

Fantastic defenders like Maldini, Nesta, Cannavaro, Thuram too…

Oh I miss it…

Was his name Recoba ?  Who would score a 35 yarder every month ? 

20 minutes ago, Indigo said:

I'd say it's widely considered to he the 2nd strongest league in Europe right now in terms of top to bottom quality. It's had a resurgence in recent seasons if anything.

Glad to hear it but a little surprised… I guess the PL has just accelerated past the other leagues in terms of finances, attraction and star players. 

I mean, there are no top PL teams that would play a 36 yr old Giroud and 37 yr old Dzeko are there?

La Liga and Bundesliga not doing so well?

I don’t follow football/other leagues anywhere near as much as I used to back in the day, kind of fell out of love with it for a while but our resurgence under Deano restored a lot and I’m fully focussed on Villa these days…