Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

Twitter’s f****d so I can’t find or share his stats for us.

No doubt he hasn’t quite lived up to expectations and can do a hell of a lot better but he’s capable of so much more and there’s a hell of a player in there with a lot to offer.

It’s been a weird and disruptive time, Unai hasn’t had all that long with him but at least played him consistently and preferred him to Coutinho (unlike the clown we employed previously).

Many of us were deriding and criticising McGinn, but Unai transformed him. Along with other players. With time and coaching, we should see the same in others.

Seems silly to write off players we have invested so much in and willing to take a loss… there’s much more to come…

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Twitter’s f****d so I can’t find or share his stats for us.

No doubt he hasn’t quite lived up to expectations and can do a hell of a lot better but he’s capable of so much more and there’s a hell of a player in there with a lot to offer.

It’s been a weird and disruptive time, Unai hasn’t had all that long with him but at least played him consistently and preferred him to Coutinho (unlike the clown we employed previously).

Many of us were deriding and criticising McGinn, but Unai transformed him. Along with other players. With time and coaching, we should see the same in others.

Seems silly to write off players we have invested so much in and willing to take a loss… there’s much more to come…

I haven't written him off yet, he does some brilliant things on the pitch, especially in lead up play which goes unnoticed a lot. If he had direct competition, we may see his stats improve.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

So, I think we still need;

GK (understudy to Emi)

ST (back up and competition for Ollie)

FW (fast and energetic attacking midfielder/forward)

If we can get those I’ll be thrilled.

What about a back up RB?

I also think Dendonker will move on and we'll need a new 6 to compete with/cover for Kamara?

4 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Bloody hell, he WAS Norwich, going by those stats!

Sidenote: cryptically just above Gerrard. Lol

No wonder he never started him 🤣

Bitter little man! 🤣

SG in the mud.

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

What about a back up RB?

I also think Dendonker will move on and we'll need a new 6 to compete with/cover for Kamara?

Ah yeah, true the RB space is one that’s fairly urgent… Monchi has his work cut out this summer! 

5 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Bloody hell, he WAS Norwich, going by those stats!

Sidenote: cryptically just above Gerrard. Lol

That’s why Gerrard wouldn’t play him 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

No wonder he never started him 🤣

Bitter little man! 🤣

SG in the mud.

I should really read the whole of a thread before posting🤣

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Philosopher said:

I understand xA. You're being disingenuous by asserting so.

I never said a pass that doesn't find it's target counts towards xA. I said a player can create a chance  with a lower probability of being finished off and it will count to xA.

I also said that Buendia creates a lot of chances with less passes because he always goes for the throughball. A far higher percentage of his passes with be throughballs compared to JJ for example who often plays the simple pass, however  JJ had more assists. Yes JJ played more passes, but a far lower percentage of his passes will be throughball attempts.

My point from the beginning is simply Buendia's poor assists to xA is not down to simply poor finishing and nothing you or anyone else has said has come close to proving that.

Last season Trossard got 12 assists with an xA of 10.25, most of those were for Brighton. Not top striker there. Mo Salah narrowly exceeded his xA with 12 assists also and he had Nunez missing everything. Saka and Maddison very narrowly missed out on their xA by less than .05. That's the top five assisters (with De-Bruyne) all either exceeding xA or matching it. One of them did it at a relegated club. 

Jj, Bailey, and Watkins all were very close to their xA (within 0.2 for Jj and Bailey), and Watkins actually bettered his xA. 

Buendia's xA is 4.12 compared to Bailey's 4.09, but Bailey got 4 prem assists, and Buendia got 2.

So the reality is Buendia's xA is low, and his actual assists is even lower. His assists is less than half his xA. This is the supposed great creator. The guy Paul514 called our best forward! Lol! 

Buendia's supposed brilliance at chance creation is clearly a myth!

The at Norwich stuff is crap, he had one season as prem player there, and took all the set pieces.

https://www.fotmob.com/leagues/47/stats/season/17664/players/total_att_assist/team/10252

Top for chances created per 90, 3rd overall.  "Myth".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I should really read the whole of a thread before posting🤣

Na it’s great, the more SG slander the better 😆 🤝 

I’d rather never mention that swine’s name though, everything was his fault, responsible for so much that was wrong. Blemish on our club.

Everyone else is absolved of blame (other than CP 🥾), even Austin MacPhee 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Useful site 👍

20 big chances missed by Ollie? 😳

Ah, it was SG’s fault. 😆

Much better under Unai. Our players will go from strength to strength under the king.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Great player in his peak years just won a title ...  pretty sure he is off to Saudi Arabia 🇸🇦 that was the talk few weeks back when West Ham were linked. 

48 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Another that has pace, technical ability and appears to be able to play all across the frontline.

Seems we have a mandate for the type of forwards we are looking for

5 minutes ago, Frodo said:

Great player in his peak years just won a title ...  pretty sure he is off to Saudi Arabia 🇸🇦 that was the talk few weeks back when West Ham were linked. 

Maybe he's Hirving second thoughts?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Don’t know much about him, other than he’s Mexican. Could be our first Mexican player? 

Player about half the time for Spalletti, wide forward. Mid/late twenties I think so he's not a kid with potential. Played well in the Champions League though, even if his form was patchy, so that's a good sign. He's decent, if Emery thinks he can get a tune out of him then don't see why not.

• Like 2