Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

13 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

"Estou feliz no Barça e meu plano é continuar no clube. Ouvindo ofertas? Meu telefone está no modo avião e não consigo receber nenhuma mensagem"

"

I am happy with Barça and my plan is to continue with the club. Listening to offers? My phone is in airplane mode and I can't receive any messages

But this is Portuguese? Was he speaking in Portuguese?

20 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I've seen the quote in Spanish and it translates differently. 

The AVFC Faithful aggregator I had to block for various nonsense. Unsurprised they are spreading bad info again. 

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1786337/231-free-agents-aston-villa-newcastle-leeds-can-sign

228 free agents Aston Villa, Newcastle and Leeds can sign this weekend

The summer transfer window is in full swing as Premier League and Championship clubs look to do business and strengthen their squads ahead of the 2023-24 season.

2 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Yeremy Pino Anyone 🤔 name not mentioned here for a while but could fit into Baileys role potentially or would he not be an upgrade ??

Surprised he’s not really been linked or rumoured, maybe it’s one of those “out of the blue” signings we might make. Will probably take a huge fee though… alternative to Williams?

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Great signing for them, Bowen on one side Barnes on the other is gonna be a handful 

Great going forward but their midfield will get outworked and outplayed by good teams. It's definitely Moyes' type of 'hoof it to the wingers' football though, and it will work in some games.

I didn't want us to sign Barnes because although he is dangerous on the left and has scored goals, his team contribution and work ethic is lacking, and he ducks fifty /fifty's. 

• Like 1

We need players that will be more hungry and motivated which can often point towards the lesser big names, F.Torres would probably not be motivated like Goncalves would be if joined and same with players like Chiesa. I was going to say Ansu Fati but he might also fall into that category. We need excelling players from lesser teams who are going to be absolutely eager to showcase and fulfill their potential. Hate to say it but Felix could be one of those players too.

5 minutes ago, RicRic said:

We need players that will be more hungry and motivated which can often point towards the lesser big names, F.Torres would probably not be motivated like Goncalves would be if joined and same with players like Chiesa. I was going to say Ansu Fati but he might also fall into that category. We need excelling players from lesser teams who are going to be absolutely eager to showcase and fulfill their potential. Hate to say it but Felix could be one of those players too.

I haven’t seen many players as motivated and hungry as Chiesa, that can back it up with that amount of talent. He is awesome but I think we’d struggle to attract him, if there is even any interest.

I think most people would accuse Felix of being like that but I’m wondering if the lad just needs the right home/environment and manager… Atletico and Simeone weren’t really the right fit for him. Problem is, they splashed out on a humongous transfer fee and wages so it’s hard for them to shift him. Players on massive wages can become demotivated too, especially if they’re not doing great…

But I get what you’re saying, make smart moves, find value and not overpay. Always the best approach really…

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Yeremy Pino Anyone 🤔 name not mentioned here for a while but could fit into Baileys role potentially or would he not be an upgrade ??

I’d be surprised if we took two players off Villareal in one window, but he’d be a good signing imo. 

5 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Why wouldn't Ferran Torres be motivated? If he leaves Barcelona he will feel like he's got something to prove. He's only 23 and has played 35 times for Spain already, scoring 15 times. He will want to show people how good he is this season, and was quoted as saying today that he's "going to train like a Bull" to be ready for the coming season. That doesn't sound like an unmotivated player to me.

• Like 1