Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

when was the last time we sold a player - rather than loans with subsidised wages

Ings & Grealish?

everyone else 'hey we'll pay you to take our players' we must have a rep as absolute push overs, I really hope the new exec team put a stop to this

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

when was the last time we sold a player - rather than loans with subsidised wages

Ings & Grealish?

everyone else 'hey we'll pay you to take our players' we must have a rep as absolute push overs, I really hope the new exec team put a stop to this

Samatta, Grealish, Targett, Ings, Chukwuemeka, Vassilev, El Ghazi and Guilbert all sold for fees in the last 2 seasons.

Edited by Steero113
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Grealish, Ings, Chukwuemeka, Vassilev, El Ghazi and Guilbert all sold for fees. 

I already mentioned Grealish and Ings.

Chuk was a good call and the fee was the best we could hope for under the circumstances.

Guilbert went for nothing and El Ghazi went for close to that, probably Vassilev aswell but at least he cost us very little in the first place.

Only Chuk and Grealish saw a profit.

we seem to mostly loan/sell players to France or Turkey at a huge loss on wages or fees.

Edited by VillanousOne

55 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

SSN reporting that Luton can't match Nakamba's wages so a loan is more likely.

Would be just our luck.

We need to start offloading these players better…wesley, davis,sanson,nakamba 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

I didn’t get the impression they are cash strapped, just that they want to be sustainable and accept that they may be relegated, but will be in a good position, unlike other teams who have been relegated in recent years.

So they are looking at the Norwich project. It worked a couple of times, but didn't last season. To give themselves any chance of staying up, they at least have to have as strong a team as the one that got them up, without Marv they will be weaker and may not get up into the PL for years, if they go down with a whimper. I'm not thinking blow £150m, but if they don't invest around £20m minimum on the playing side their fans will be right to say: 

Fobia constante Brillar dads army we re doomed A fondo comer Península 

39 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Samatta, Grealish, Targett, Ings, Chukwuemeka, Vassilev, El Ghazi and Guilbert all sold for fees in the last 2 seasons.

Guilbert left on a free I thought. You forgot Engles too was sold in last 2 seasons 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, RicRic said:

We need to start offloading these players better…wesley, davis,sanson,nakamba 

Wesley doesn't count as he had his career ruined by a horrific injury. We can't sell him.

Sanson and Naka were part of first team squad and went on loan in Jan to get them game time to be saleable this summer so we need to be patient on those this window. Both did well on their loans

Davis we loaned with a 15m obligation to buy to Watford. A fantastic bit of business at the time as they were odds on for promotion. It didn't work out though and he'll need to be sold this summer.

43 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

I already mentioned Grealish and Ings.

Chuk was a good call and the fee was the best we could hope for under the circumstances.

Guilbert went for nothing and El Ghazi went for close to that, probably Vassilev aswell but at least he cost us very little in the first place.

Only Chuk and Grealish saw a profit.

we seem to mostly loan/sell players to France or Turkey at a huge loss on wages or fees.

Interesting what happens to Sanson and Traore as the summer progresses.

Think Sanson has got two years left so that's still going to be tricky but he has no future here and done well when we've loaned him back to France.

Traore came back and scored a couple of important goals in the run in so shows he can be of use to lower prem team and just 12 months left on his deal. Wonder if someone like Fulham might want him?

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

SSN reporting that Luton can't match Nakamba's wages so a loan is more likely.

Would be just our luck.

Would require Naka to drop his wage demands. To us it's not a huge issue if the Loan fee is the same as the transfer fee and they cover 80% or 70% or whatever of his wages. I think the issue is probably putting Naka on a 3/4 year contract at the wages he's currently on at Villa. 

It'll be sorted out I'm sure. 

I think Luton are planning the season based on being relegated and prepared for bouncing back when they're in better shape

Edited by CVByrne
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, QldVilla said:

I didn’t get the impression they are cash strapped, just that they want to be sustainable and accept that they may be relegated, but will be in a good position, unlike other teams who have been relegated in recent years.

I’d keep Nakamba and use him in the squad if they wanted another subsidised loan deal

10 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Wesley doesn't count as he had his career ruined by a horrific injury. We can't sell him.

Sanson and Naka were part of first team squad and went on loan in Jan to get them game time to be saleable this summer so we need to be patient on those this window. Both did well on their loans

Davis we loaned with a 15m obligation to buy to Watford. A fantastic bit of business at the time as they were odds on for promotion. It didn't work out though and he'll need to be sold this summer.

If we dont sell wesley i think we’ll just release him as its been dragging on too much, sanson and naka we can surely offload this summer 

2 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Despite the cheap-ish release clause, there are apparently a lot of hidden fees with this one.  His father, (who must be his agent) is demanding a commission of 15-20m, and Fenerbache also want a huge sell on clause.

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Despite the cheap-ish release clause, there are apparently a lot of hidden fees with this one.  His father, (who must be his agent) is demanding a commission of 15-20m, and Fenerbache also want a huge sell on clause.

Someone been watching the Haaland transfer circus. Good for them.

10 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Interesting what happens to Sanson and Traore as the summer progresses.

Think Sanson has got two years left so that's still going to be tricky but he has no future here and done well when we've loaned him back to France.

Traore came back and scored a couple of important goals in the run in so shows he can be of use to lower prem team and just 12 months left on his deal. Wonder if someone like Fulham might want him?

How on earth has he still got so much time left on his contract 😂 what kind of death row records deal did he get to start with lol

Just now, sne said:

Someone been watching the Haaland transfer circus. Good for them.

They'll believe they can command that fee, mainly due to him being labeled the "Turkish Messi" in the media, and will try and rinse whatever club buys him for as much as they can. 

5 minutes ago, duke313 said:

They'll believe they can command that fee, mainly due to him being labeled the "Turkish Messi" in the media, and will try and rinse whatever club buys him for as much as they can. 

Players with their family as agents or advisors is often a messy situation. Neymar's dad and Rabiot's mom are possibly among the worst but there are so many that have had terrible advice from their greedy family members. 

Obviously have no insight in this situation.

Edited by sne
typo

2 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Are we putting all the scout networks everywhere while only looking next door for tesco bags players? 😂

Anyway I see how it’s easier to convince local young players to come especially with the idea of generating money from them (they don’t have to be our standard to do so). 

Saying that, would be helpful if anyone tells us how good is he? 

• Like 1