Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

41 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Harvey Barnes is a really good player and I rate him; just find it surprising Emery would sign him.

£30 million is it?

PL games, 34 goals, 1 assist.

Barnes is direct, quick, strong, and scores goals even for a very poor team last season.

Yeah he's quality, I'd be disappointed to pay £30m for him but he's a good player. I'm more confused though by the fact that he plays the wrong side for how Emery has set us up so far. It would be more surprising for that reason really.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I do think a rather frustrating narrative of top players being courted by and then rejecting Aston Villa may be getting legs. I've seen perhaps seven or eight of these stories this year. Not sure there's a thing the club can do about it apart from finding innovative ways to influence social media and finishing in the top four this year. We're a bit of the disrespected mongrel. We might as well embrace it rather than trying to appeal to the bullshit twitterstorms.

Every club has made up transfers linked with them (I imagine quite a few generated by agents). Unless the club says they tried to sign a player and it didn't happen then the link was probably BS all along

Edited by Kiwivillan

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Every club has made up transfers linked with them (I imagine quite a few generated by agents). Unless the club says they tried to sign a player and it didn't happen then the link was probably BS all along

Not sure about that. It’s highly likely a fair few links to players are true but it just doesn’t materialise. Villa are probably negotiating with back ups to back ups as we speak, but won’t pull the trigger unless the main target pulls out of a deal.

A lot of people on here call out agents for made up links etc. but it works both ways. Villa will make agreements with players that aren’t first choice but the player and his agent won’t know that. It’s complete cat and mouse. It’s an absolute dog fight for nearly every good player on the market. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Been brilliant for palace. Would he fit Emery’s system 

Not sure on the source, but I would love Olise to play for us. I was hoping we would sign him before palace did. I’m guessing Palace will ask for something around £40m though

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Not sure about that. It’s highly likely a fair few links to players are true but it just doesn’t materialise. Villa are probably negotiating with back ups to back ups as we speak, but won’t pull the trigger unless the main target pulls out of a deal.

A lot of people on here call out agents for made up links etc. but it works both ways. Villa will make agreements with players that aren’t first choice but the player and his agent won’t know that. It’s complete cat and mouse. It’s an absolute dog fight for nearly every good player on the market. 

So what percentage of the +70 links since January do you think are based on anything concrete? Are Spurs interested in Maddison or Levy was lying when he told Simon Jordan he was not interested and the press make up what ever they want to?

14 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Been brilliant for palace. Would he fit Emery’s system 

Frustrating that he was sat there for two years for £6-12m being a very obvious signing. We sign players with half the ability for triple the money.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Not sure on the source, but I would love Olise to play for us. I was hoping we would sign him before palace did. I’m guessing Palace will ask for something around £40m though

And the rest. Would be perfect for us but very little chance in it happening. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

So what percentage of the +70 links since January do you think are based on anything concrete? Are Spurs interested in Maddison or Levy was lying when he told Simon Jordan he was not interested and the press make up what ever they want to?

I think there may have been a shift between Spurs targets and when they signed Ange. There’s rumours floating around that’s he likes Kamada and Endo and wouldn’t be a surprise if he targets some of the top tier Japanese players based in Europe. It may be a reason why they possibly changed on Maddison.

Edited by QldVilla

19 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Who knows. Who knows what Levy said to Jordan is true? It’s one big merry go round of bullshit. I’m sure plenty of the players we’ve been linked with - there has been an interest and some there hasn’t. 

9 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Easy to decipher this one, it's obvious. 

Bentancur realizes he made a mistake, Lange there to get a quick and easy deal done. 

Or maybe interest in Gil who was good on loan at Sevilla or the persistent rumours of Lo Celso…cheeky Ndombele bid?

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

What’s this account? He got a good track record?

Look at the number of tweets regarding transfers.  It's obviously bullshit.

I'm amazed people continue to get excited about Twitter in transfer windows.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Harvey Barnes is a really good player and I rate him; just find it surprising Emery would sign him.

£30 million is it?

PL games, 34 goals, 1 assist.

Barnes is direct, quick, strong, and scores goals even for a very poor team last season.

I really hope were not the club that pays 30m for Harvey Barnes.

• Thanks 1