Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

4 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I don’t know a lot about his character to be honest, a bloke at work supports Cov and loves him from his time there. I think he’s a good player, maybe a bit of a Bertie big balls though? Not sure 

Cannot see it happening, he is a Coventry lad through and through and hates the vile

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I don’t know a lot about his character to be honest, a bloke at work supports Cov and loves him from his time there. I think he’s a good player, maybe a bit of a Bertie big balls though? Not sure 

That was a long time ago tbf and they like anyone who isn't a useless clogger 😅

His talent is not the question here at all. Just don't know if he'd fit in with the squad. 

6 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Why do Coventry fans hate the villa so much? They’re barely a vague afterthought to what we consider as “rivals”

Absolutely, no idea. always remember on the train into Coventry 0121 do one was sprayed on one of the walls as you enter the station 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Joe Bryan… is he the one we nearly signed and he **** us off for Fulham? 

Ah the famous  he had steak with Bruce and was chased down the motorway on the way to Fulham story 🤣

Come on If they said kebab then i think the story had legs, he just wanted to play in the Premier league and we dodged a bullet. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, calcifer said:

Ah the famous  he had steak with Bruce and was chased down the motorway on the way to Fulham story 🤣

Come on If they said kebab then i think the story had legs, he just wanted to play in the Premier league and we dodged a bullet. 

spacer.png

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, ozvilla28 said:

What's his strengths and weaknesses you reckon  ?.

He’s extremely quick and very tidy on the ball.  Defending isnt bad but positioning maybe isn’t the best

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, calcifer said:

Never forgotten when Bristol City did the whole “Premier League calling” gif on Twitter when he joined them. Peak tin pot club. 

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Why do Coventry fans hate the villa so much? They’re barely a vague afterthought to what we consider as “rivals”

We relegated them and they've never made it back. So assume they hold a bitterness over that. We don't care

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

We relegated them and they've never made it back. So assume they hold a bitterness over that. We don't care

It was around long before that. That was just something else to hang their hat off. 

I think they hate us and Leicester, as both clubs are local ish to Coventry. Neither team sees Coventry as a rival though, as we both have closer more pressing rivals.

• Like 1

Assuming Monchi will get to work straight away once he officially starts (next week) and is going to be very busy. It’s a long window, plenty of time to negotiate deals and bring in players.

I’m kind of reassured that Unai already got so much out of this set of players, added Moreno and has now added Tielemans. We’re already better off and he will get preseason and a full season with these players this time…

If we didn’t have all these extra games to play, I’d be super confident that we’d have an even better season as we are. 

Signings are on the way, we just need to relax, be patient and enjoy the summer.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Gave them a 2 goal start as well, bad day for them tbh.