Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

5 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

The more I've thought about it, the more I want us to sign Barnes. Think he'd actually be really good in our squad and relatively risk free. 

Spurs desperate for wingers so I can see them bidding what Leicester want. We probably won't match that price. 

5 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

The more I've thought about it, the more I want us to sign Barnes. Think he'd actually be really good in our squad and relatively risk free. 

I agree. 25 years of age, probably get us 10 plus goals and several assists a season and all for approximately 30-35m. Yep, he’d be a useful addition. 

31 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Any signing has the potential be a sh*t signing, you should know all to well as an Evertonian.

46 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Said everyone ever about every signing ever made ever. 

I believe he said it because Meunier sounds like manure.

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Meunier from Dortmund link:

Apparently we made a lucrative offer.

Meunier was really rated years back but now no longer makes the Belgium squad and just a bit part player at Dortmund.

However as cover for a couple of million...why not. It reminds me of Brighton signing Joel Veltman for about 2m from Ajax a few seasons ago and he's been a fantastic signing for them.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Meunier was really rated years back but now no longer makes the Belgium squad and just a bit part player at Dortmund.

However as cover for a couple of million...why not. It reminds me of Brighton signing Joel Veltman for about 2m from Ajax a few seasons ago and he's been a fantastic signing for them.

Also Emery had him at PSG so will know him well.

As always, in Emery we trust.

• Like 1

I know the name Meunier but looking at his basic stats online, since he first moved to PSG 7 years ago or so he's only averaged 15 league starts per season. At 31 years old to go from years of being a squad player it would be tough for him to be step up to a stronger and more intense league as an immediate step up in quality from our current right back. I was hoping right back would be a priority position with a big transfer to nail down that position for good.

1 minute ago, david-avfc said:

I know the name Meunier but looking at his basic stats online, since he first moved to PSG 7 years ago or so he's only averaged 15 league starts per season. At 31 years old to go from years of being a squad player it would be tough for him to be step up to a stronger and more intense league as an immediate step up in quality from our current right back. I was hoping right back would be a priority position with a big transfer to nail down that position for good.

I'm not as convinced as many that Cash is someone Emery dosen't rate. When he was fully fit last season he started.

However Cash usually picks up injuries during the season and we don't have that insurance anymore of Young coming in to do a solid job so that needs to be corrected and Meunier could be that type of experience signing that can come in and start 5-10 games a season and be a good sub to see out games we're winning.

Rather that than likes of Chambers or Konsa out there for spells in the season.

2 hours ago, HKP90 said:

I raise you a leandro bacuna? Any better? I mean not better, but...

Perhaps for every Suarez there's an Alfonso Alves, Memphis Depay, Jurgen Locadia, Mateja Kezman or Ven De Beek is a better (or worse) analogy! But every now and again there's a Tadic or an Eriksen thrown in. Unfortunately there seems to be more misses than hits for PL clubs shopping in the Eredivisie, especially when it comes to the more expensive signings, despite it being such a hotbed for developing talent, something just doesn't translate over particularly well. 

4 hours ago, Taxahunter said:

No, he played for FC Nordsjælland and from what I remember, i think it requires a lot of work before he is ready to play for us

Shit my bad. I remember he played for a Danish team and I checked that but didn't look at the team name lol. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

So do we leave him in his natural role and sign a CB this summer?  (to upgrade on Chambers)

You don't rotate CBs regardless what Football Manager posters on here say so no big money CB signing when other areas need addressing and worst case scenario you have players in the squad with big minutes at CB in their career that can fill a hole if it comes to that

56 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

You know we have Cash and it was our backup RB that we didn't extend the contract of. Meunier has very good attacking output and will fit in well. Emery knows him having coached him for 2 years at PSG. 

To me this is looks good business. 

Firstly stop posting any information from football insider ❌ 

secondly we should not be entertaining links signing a 31 yr old right back who is turning 32 in couple months, the only player we should be signing over the age of 31 is a goalkeeper.

Lastly we should certainly not be paying €65M release fees for any defender when this is the area we need to develop the least.

Edited by RicRic
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Has this been posted yet?

" Aston Villa could be the next destination for striker, Pedro of Flamengo "

" The English Club have been interested in the athlete since the Gemini g of the season, and.muat submit an official proposal for the player in July "

A 26 yr old still playing in brazil league absolutely no thanks lets end this now 

1 minute ago, RicRic said:

A 26 yr old still playing in brazil league absolutely no thanks lets end this now 

Some players come into their own a little later. 26 is still young. I wouldn't write him off based on just that.

• Like 1