Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I find the Kudus link exciting, seems an impressive young player with a lot of talent. Problem is, he’s been playing in the piss poor Eredivisie so difficult to tell how well he can make the step up. I like us targeting high potential youngsters though.

Good thread here: 

£35m isn’t even that much these days to be honest. We spent that Bailey didn’t we?

2 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Could be a good cover for RB with Young not coming back? I don’t know much about him though. 31 but must have a couple of years left in the tank

He plays RB and RM and is an attacking player. Lots of progressive carries and attacking output. Would point to Emery wanting flexibility on which side we do our attacking from LB or RB so we're less predictable. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Everything they do is about improving the atmosphere and supporting the team. They create and provide flags, banners, displays, scarves, songs, all sorts of things. Just take a look at their Twitter account.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

And this brilliance:

Ok, fair play. I thought all that display stuff was provided and installed by the club itself, didn't realise it was down to the B6 guys....

21 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I find the Kudus link exciting, seems an impressive young player with a lot of talent.

Problem is, he’s been playing in the piss poor Eredivisie so difficult to tell how well he can make the step up. Made an impression in WC and CL.

I like us targeting high potential youngsters though.

Good thread here: 

I know nothing about him but: 'Similar Players- Trincao'? If that's true, er..yes please.

Always a bit dubious of players coming in from Eredivisie. For every Suarez there are at least 3 Brett Holmans, but if Unai likes him.

Nottingham asking £60m for Brennan Johnson :D  Good for them, ask whatever you want. I would he hugely disappointed if entertained the idea of paying even half that for him thou.

8 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I know nothing about him but: 'Similar Players- Trincao'? If that's true, er..yes please.

Always a bit dubious of players coming in from Eredivisie. For every Suarez there are at least 3 Brett Holmans, but if Unai likes him.

No one expected Holman to be a world beater. His ceiling wasn’t high really.

• Like 1

Just now, abdulaziz1 said:

No one expected Holman to be a world beater. His ceiling wasn’t high really.

I raise you a leandro bacuna? Any better? I mean not better, but...

9 minutes ago, sne said:

Nottingham asking £60m for Brennan Johnson :D  Good for them, ask whatever you want. I would he hugely disappointed if entertained the idea of paying even half that for him thou.

To be honest, when I see some of those sky 6 fans getting angry on teams putting these prices, I like it. Every club put these prices because they either don’t want to sell, or if someone spend crazy money atleast they had over the player value.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I raise you a leandro bacuna? Any better? I mean not better, but...

Bacuna was bought by around 1-2m if I’m not mistaken. He was ok compared to the money spent for his transfer. He was valuable in his first season.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

To be honest, when I see some of those sky 6 fans getting angry on teams putting these prices, I like it. Every club put these prices because they either don’t want to sell, or if someone spend crazy money atleast they had over the player value.

I like it too. I just don't want us to fall for the English/PL player tax. The value for money is terrible.

2 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Meunier from Dortmund link:

Apparently we made a lucrative offer.

Meunier makes a massive amount of sense. Would definitely like to see this one happen. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Meunier makes a massive amount of sense. Would definitely like to see this one happen. 

Could be a shit signing.

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Agreed. Especially if Dortmund willing to accept a nominal fee as they want the wages off the books. 

If we are after him and do sign him. It makes me think we will alternate which side of our FBs is the ultra attacking. Some games we'll play both attacking if we are at home to weaker sides.

We might see Mings LB with Carlos and Konsa in CB. Depends who we sign for LCB if we move Chambers on.