Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

50 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Who would you have at RB?

If (as seems likely) we are signing another CB then I’d guess that points to changing up the system - so probably Konsa, or Cash. Would like to get Walker in for a few years but not overly fussed. 

53 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Cant see it. One of those 3 attackers at best

Goncalves to compete with Buendia

Williams with Bailey 

Felix with Ollie

It gives us options upfront which we are seriously lacking at the moment, and need if we are going to compete at the top end of this league 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

Feels like Rodrigo will be our next signing and I think it's a smart one. He's experienced and will be happy to play second fiddle to Watkins. 

He will also be of good use in Europe. 

He actually had a good season for Leeds last season as well. 

no to rodrigo n

10 minutes ago, Awol said:

Goncalves to compete with Buendia

Williams with Bailey 

Felix with Ollie

It gives us options upfront which we are seriously lacking at the moment, and need if we are going to compete at the top end of this league 

How do you think we will afford that?

2 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Neves, Until he magically signs for Newcastle in a 'bargain' next summer. It's all corrupt as ****.

Does anything stop them from that. Because, if that's allowed what the stops the Saudi's buying someone like Matt Target or any other Newcastle player/s for stupid way over the top transfer fees just to boost Newcastle's FFP.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Barnes and Maddison isn't every player. Stop exaggerating

There was tweet with +60 players we've been linked to since January probably 99% click bait or agent putting players in shop window. I find it tedious

Yet, here you are, in a thread about transfer rumors.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I like this source as they used the new badge. 

Is it just me who gets a little annoyed when i see Premier League posts with the badges and they are still using our shite old one?

Can't wait for it to be updated everywhere.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, TRO said:

They say Pau Torres is not too physical, is that right?....could be a shortfall in the Prem, with set pieces.

Looking at the frame and build of Ezri Konsa, I would say the same - but he hasn't done too badly.

I wouldn't worry about Pau Torres physicality too much. He reads the game very well and I think he would be great in the PL for us.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, markc said:

Does anything stop them from that. Because, if that's allowed what the stops the Saudi's buying someone like Matt Target or any other Newcastle player/s for stupid way over the top transfer fees just to boost Newcastle's FFP.

Don't believe so

• Sad 1

Pau Torres fits Emery's blueprint perfectly. He's quick, very good technically, plays accurate progressive passes and positions himself well due to intelligent reading of the game. With Tieleman playing in front of him our ability to pass successfully out from back to front will increase considerably.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Well, there’s one thing we can agree on.

Look, if Unai actually wants Brennan Johnson, Harvey Barnes or whoever else, and signs them, most of us will endorse and back that because he has gained our trust and faith.

But none of us even know if he is even interested in these players and comment as though he is…

We’re just speculating, theorising and sharing thoughts and opinions. No need to get annoyed or frustrated with each other for having opposing or differing views. Some of us are just explaining why we have the view we do.

Just because you like one player and I or another poster doesn’t or doesn’t rate them as highly, it doesn’t mean we have to hate each other 🤣

You accused me of trying to force my opinion on others, weren’t you at least as guilty of that (if there’s even any truth to that, which there isn’t)?

Ok, let’s leave it be. Apologies for any misunderstanding or offence.

I just didn’t agree with you  🤣

I am not sure I accused you of anything, I just said that we have a wide forum of thoughts and generally most are looking at the player now as opposed to Emery who is likely looking at what the player will be.

Not trying to fall out with people but just because Barnes has played a certain position for Leicester or Johnson has faults for Forest, that these players couldn’t be much more with some focused tutelage and coaching.

I actually think we are agreeing more than disagreeing! 😁

2 hours ago, Philosopher said:

Don't get me wrong I don't think Brenan Johnson is rubbish, but he isn't a player good enough to play consistently for a team in the top half of the table.

Brentford are shopping at five ways, we are shopping in the bullring!

I think the raw materials are there, but there is a lot of work to do (aka Nico Williams).  

in effect it’s our investment in the future

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

Id think Forest would do everything possible to keep him.

I don't think we'll sign him personally, was just saying it as some folk are immediately dismissive of any talk of players that they don't personally want/are from within the league and talk about what Emery/Monchi will want as if any of us know and there hasn't at least been mentions of these players by quite credible sources.

• Like 1