Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

1 hour ago, villaglint said:

Question - the one position Emery has mentioned several times he wants this summer is a striker. But I’m not sure we’ve been linked with a single striker except something about Vlahovic early on which isn’t going to happen. 

Interesting - do we think that our focus is more a second striker in mould of Goncalves or at a stretch Felix. Or is there a name out there that will come as a surprise to us all. 

Mbappe please. 3 million and Josh Onomah.

Looks like PSG are signing Kang-in.

That would make all three of their signings, with Ugarte and Asensio, previously speculated Villa targets! We appear to be fishing in the right pond but our maggots are clearly not big enough!

7 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

That would make all three of their signings, with Ugarte and Asensio, previously speculated Villa targets! We appear to be fishing in the right pond but our maggots are clearly not big enough!

interestingly though, PSG havent officially signed anyone at all yet.

7 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

interestingly though, PSG havent officially signed anyone at all yet.

Because the transfer window hasn't opened yet.

• Like 1

Just now, BOF said:

You can still sign them, just can't register them until the widow is open, see Tielemans to Villa, Mac Allister to Liverpool, Messi to Miami.

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

of course, but some transfers are being confirmed before the window opens (if the transfers are completed).

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

The same people that were convinced last week from the Leicester side that Tielemens was signing for us are sure Barnes is also signing for us just a week or two later.  I dismissed their Tielemens claims but they were spot on before it was announced so Barnes coming wouldn’t surprise me.

Tielemens ended up being the worse kept secret it was absolutely everywhere, Barnes not so much we’ll see I guess, as I said earlier I try to not pay to much attention to internet gossip until players are through the door. 

I guess if we were to sign Barnes also it would be a huge shift from previous windows where we have kept things under wraps until the last minute.

19 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Are PSG starting to piss anyone else off? 

They have a great strategy. A joke club PSG simply copy the strategy of a well run under the radar club in order to be successful.

31 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

I thought I read somewhere that those 3 were all Alemany targets ..with a bit of help from his mate Mendes 

presumably with his U-turn we will go after Monchi targets  now ?

36 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

It’s Marca though. Their speculation doesn’t mean much at this point. Look how they got the Asensio stuff wrong. 

39 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

Perhaps Monchi will help do his maggots measure up?

1 hour ago, zab6359 said:

Tielemens ended up being the worse kept secret it was absolutely everywhere, Barnes not so much we’ll see I guess, as I said earlier I try to not pay to much attention to internet gossip until players are through the door. 

I guess if we were to sign Barnes also it would be a huge shift from previous windows where we have kept things under wraps until the last minute.

Read in the The Athletic Purslow was obsessed with keeping leaks out of the media. Now his gone I wouldn't be surprised if stuff does get leaked more.