Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

2 hours ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Lets hope for some credible links today.

Going to be a long summer for you. I'd imagine there be a lot of days this summer where there is zero Villa talk!

9 hours ago, striker said:

I’m reliably informed that there’s no chance of Maddison signing for Villa as his family detest Villa. Not a ITK just passing on what I’ve been told.

It doesn't surprise me.....Callum Wilson is the same....The common denominator is Coventry.

glad Luton went up.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, ozvilla28 said:

I'm a bit worried we won't be able to get our top targets priced out of the market or players after champions league football what are people's thoughts ?.

Yeah, we probably won’t if we’re being as ambitious as the media claims. Probably why we wanted Alemany as DoF, for his supposedly legendary skills of negotiation.

Best not to get our hopes up, I feel. If we can pull one or two major signings off then it could help with the rest, but it’s going to be tricky to compete with biggest clubs in the world, most of which can offer CL or Europa League football.

Nothing wrong with aiming high, though. I just hope we have good second or third options.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ozvilla28 said:

I'm a bit worried we won't be able to get our top targets priced out of the market or players after champions league football what are people's thoughts ?.

much the same.

However, spending big money brings with it's huge pressure, Folk can struggle under too much pressure....Big money signings that go wrong, can cause behind the scenes discord....only certain clubs seem to be able to deal with it.

I am all for some of these so called " Free" Transfers or modest sums.....Unai can bring the best out of some of these players who have dipped.....its hard to dispose of hefty money flops, there again, only certain clubs seem to tbe able to do it.

We have done great so far, but the next steps are tricky, in my view....We are not yet a club, who can easily write off flops....they still need to be hits not misses.

Edited by TRO

2 minutes ago, Ginko said:

Yeah, we probably won’t if we’re being as ambitious as the media claims. Probably why we wanted Alemany as DoF, for his supposedly legendary skills of negotiation.

Best not to get our hopes up, I feel. If we can pull one or two major signings off then it could help with the rest, but it’s going to be tricky to compete with biggest clubs in the world, most of which can offer CL or Europa League football.

Nothing wrong with aiming high, though. I just hope we have good second or third options.

Seems clear Villa have ambitious targets this summer which means it is going to feel like Villa are getting rejected by players this summer when in reality there was a good chance they were never coming anyway. 

2 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

I'm thinking of setting up a support group for all of us fans that have been sold nasty, horrible lies by the club about transfers.

Already, they have abused our trust in relation to Asensio, Torres and God knows how many other players. It's just not on, so I won't just stand by and see my brethren suffer.

I'm starting a Villa emotional sharing club and anyone can join. If you are feeling (claret and) blue, I've got just the place for you.

Holly Willoughby has already been kind enough to record an introductory message to check we are all okay and there will be free tissues for members if they need to sob or have a wank to soothe their entitlement issues.

Let me know who's in...

As long as we can use words like disgusted outraged and betrayed then i'm in. 

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

I'm thinking of setting up a support group for all of us fans that have been sold nasty, horrible lies by the club about transfers.

Already, they have abused our trust in relation to Asensio, Torres and God knows how many other players. It's just not on, so I won't just stand by and see my brethren suffer.

It will be a Villa emotional sharing club and anyone can join. If you are feeling (claret and) blue, I've got just the place for you.

Holly Willoughby has already been kind enough to record an introductory message to check we are all okay and there will be free tissues for members if they need to sob or have a wank to soothe their entitlement issues.

Let me know who's in...

Oh yeah and we've also started a podcast.

Villa better wise up because shit just got real, yo!

Here's the trailer, Mr Purslow...

https://twitter.com/TheBlackDog/status/1666166413105709056?t=UA0YL3bhr0Bv6FwLniHMIQ&s=19

31 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

So it’s the owners fault for being asleep at the wheel and allowing the manager to be reckless with the clubs structures. Thanks for the clarification.

Did I say they weren't? I've said already on here they should have sacked him a long time ago, and for that they are culpable. But the notion we are where we are, because we didn't spend one summer is ludicrous. We're where we are because of Rodger's and their inability to act on his nonsense.

Edited by babyblue

25 minutes ago, striker said:

Or maybe Plop?

No chance imo, he wouldn't fit Klopps mould of persistent pressing, he wouldn't quite fit in in the midfield 3 or front 3 he uses there.

Tbf Klopp has used some traditional 10s through the years, like Gotze back in the day but I always believed he was pressing quite a bit too and my impression of Maddison is he isn't quite that hard working

Edited by HalfTimePost

15 minutes ago, babyblue said:

Did I say they weren't? I've said already on here they should have sacked him a long time ago, and for that they are culpable. But the notion we are where we are, because we didn't spend one summer is ludicrous. We're where we are because of Rodger's and their inability to act on his nonsense.

Maybe you should reread my posts, I said there were numerous reasons, one being the lack of money for transfers.