Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

Cash isn’t excellent in any aspect of being a right back he is good at some and ok at others.

We wouldn’t be buying AWB for his forward play but his excellent defensive skills

Yes but keeping possession and being good on the ball is equally as important in an Emery system .

1 minute ago, gwi1890 said:

Yes but keeping possession and being good on the ball is equally as important in an Emery system .

agree, we need to upgrade the ball playing capability of the back line, if we sign a right back i would bet £50 its a player who is comfortable on the ball, maintaining possession etc in the defensive half is a core part of Emery's system, i cant see us buying any defensive players that arent good on the ball.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Can't say I have noticed him being poor in possession

Just now, paul514 said:

Can't say I have noticed him being poor in possession

Can’t say I’ve noticed Man Utd playing out of the back like we do, they are often happy enough to “get rid” the way they play out of the back is by far less risky than ours.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Will he come here? He would jump at the chance, I will guarantee he will not get a better option, the system currently played is perfect for him all the other better clubs play an attacking right back 

The 'will he come here' wasn't aimed at him making a decision on whether to come or not but an observation I believe we aren't likely to be looking at PL players.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, thabucks said:

When did AWB become a wonder player ? Some moan about Cash’s limitations but then crow for AWB who is the definition of one in so many aspects… 1v1 not many can beat him but what else does he offer ? We moan about Dignes ability and wages but forget that AWB is on £150,000 pw and doubt he’ll take much of any of a reduction. 

AWB is a much better defensive defender than cash this isnt even a debate. Mut AVB in a attacking sense is non existent. Id happily take AWB

Wan-Bissaka is a good player on the ball, for me. He's a good dribbler and a tidy passer, particularly in his own half playing through being pressed. The criticism he gets is just that for a full back at a top side he has minimal end product in the attacking third of the pitch and things would often break down with him putting in ineffective crosses or just taking the safer option etc. I think with the way tactics have started to evolve now with one - sometimes both - full back(s) being more reserved you'll see him shine a bit more as he did at times this season as it suits his game.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tayls said:

I still reckon Emery is going to get frustrated with the window if players do indeed turn us down and go elsewhere - which is what I think will happen with Asensio. Long way to go of course, but it does seem like we had this in January, and depending on what happens with Asensio, we will have it again this summer. 

I think Emery is a realist, he knew our position when he came here, he knew what kind of proposition we were, and he was prepared to commit. Now he has to work with the club to make sure that players are as convinced to join us as he was.

With the exception of his time at PSG has dealt with this exact situation throughout his career. Arsenal were not in great shape when he went there and had no money.

Yeremy Pino? Too ambitious a target? Hasn’t been mentioned for a long while…

Do we have a chance with Felix? Seems quite “unsettled” or in a bit of limbo…

The Lee Kang-in and Nico Williams links continue to excite…

It’s going to be an entertaining window…

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chicken Field said:

Ĥave we even been linked to wan bissaka?

We talking about a player they bought for 50m and basically played every game since december at Manchester United

Ah, the old "every discussion on VT must have some reasonable basis in reality" error.  New here?

• Haha 1