Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

10 hours ago, allani said:

Yet it costs the club £20 million less than paying a £40 million transfer fee and £100k per week in wages for a similar level player which most people would describe as being a bargain.  So financially it is a pretty sound deal. 

The question as to whether paying that much in wages to one player then makes it more difficult to keep players already here or who arrive as transfers (rather than free agents) on "reasonable" money is a different one.  But I guess that the savings above mean that you can give 4 players a £24.5k a week pay-rise and still be up on the first deal.

Sorry, I can't agree.

FFP includes a % wage cap now
You can't sell the player if it doesn't work out.

6 hours ago, wishywashy said:

The Asensio article suggests that rather than just £10m per year, he was offered a £10.5m signing on fee (high fees like that are pretty standard for free transfers of this nature) and £6m per year (around £110k p/w).

https://okdiario.com/diariomadridista/real-madrid/marco-asensio-rechazo-40-millones-aston-villa-330342

Which would be much better

• Like 1

Flabbergasted by the Barnes links to be honest. Apparently it’s a Lange signing. Can’t begin to imagine all the scouting that’s gone into that move…

Just seems like a really odd move given the direction we’re trying to move in. I just don’t think he’s that good

7 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Would be a great signing imo 

I can’t make my mind up. On the one hand we’re all convinced we’re going to be signing some next level/wow players so this seems a bit underwhelming. On the other hand, he would settle immediately, knows the league, and scores a decent amount of goals.

I think Emery would use him well and if Leicester get relegated I think we could get him at a value price for an English player. 

So I’ve talked myself into it thinking it’s a good idea. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Barnes constantly puts up good numbers. If Leicester drop and we can get a decent deal on him then I'm all for it, improves our side massively. 

For the right price I’m all for it tbh, would add depth and we need it 

18 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

So that report of him rejecting us to stay at Real was bs then 

probs going to chelsea so they can round their squad count up to 40.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Flabbergasted by the Barnes links to be honest. Apparently it’s a Lange signing. Can’t begin to imagine all the scouting that’s gone into that move…

Just seems like a really odd move given the direction we’re trying to move in. I just don’t think he’s that good

Christ man relax, given everything you know about Emery, given all the power he is being given to shape the club as he needs, given how hard the man works and how much football he watches. Do you really think we'll sign a single player this summer where Emery hasn't watched every match the guy has ever played in full. 

If he's happy thats plenty good enough for me. 

For whats its worth I've always rated Barnes but mainly because he rips us to pieces every time we play them. 

LW is odd but seems like we want a squad of options not being forced into playing a certain way by the players we have. Crazy stuff. 

5 hours ago, Pinebro said:

We need to be ruthless if we are to go to the next level.

Neither of these are good enough if we want to make a push for top 4.

There are worse players who no one would take are currently in top 4 teams.

• Thanks 1