Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Ugarte would almost certainly displace Luiz in the XI. Certainly in central midfield anyway. Unless we changed formation. 

I'd be confident that Luiz could play in the LM position.  A pivot of Kamara and Ugarte with Doug on the left drifting in 🤩

• Like 3

Lets see. Getting linked with a different world star every day at this point so who knows what comes off. That said if we are looking to replace Luiz in starting 11 (a man currently in second place for fans player of year on VT), then we are REALLY not messing around. 

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Ugarte would almost certainly displace Luiz in the XI. Certainly in central midfield anyway. Unless we changed formation. 

The sad truth is that most of our stalwarts of recent years will be rotated, phased out or replaced. But we can't be too sentimental!

Just now, Steero113 said:

Midfield of Kamara and Ugarte is title challenging stuff. 

Shame about the rest of the 11 but here's to dreaming this summer 😍

And so it begins ………….. I hope.

4 minutes ago, maqroll said:

The sad truth is that most of our stalwarts of recent years will be rotated, phased out or replaced. But we can't be too sentimental!

Not if we want to move forward, we have to keep improving. It unfortunately means some players who are here now, won't be.

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

People being upset we don't challenge for the title after we sign him you mean?

No, just a hope for our club taking positive steps forward. We will need more than one or two players to challenge for the title.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TRO said:

I wish we could find a player like Edin Dzeko.

You were talking about making astute signings the other day, now you're on about one of the better-known strikers around? Bit of consistency, please. 

I'm not sure Ugarte is the right move for us tbh - Kamara plays his role in our team (you wouldn't play both) and he's a very good young player too. For the cost involved, I think we'd be better off investing in another position. 

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

People being upset we don't challenge for the title after we sign him you mean?

I’m not sure if we’d challenge for the title but we should definitely be in the upper half of the top 2.