Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

4 hours ago, lexicon said:

You were talking about making astute signings the other day, now you're on about one of the better-known strikers around? Bit of consistency, please. 

maybe there's an asute signing, to be had like a young Dzeko....do I have to spell it out?...maybe an Evan Ferguson.

just because I say something, doesn't mean its exclusive anyway.....widen your horizons, please.

just because I say, I like tall players, doesn't mean I don't like small ones....maybe I need to explain myself better, for some.

Edited by TRO

21 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Maybe a controversial question, but is Kamara a sure shot starter in Emery's team come September?

On the surface it appears " controversial " , but truth is, we ain't really seen him at all since injury.

Depends on how he comes back IMO

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

On the surface it appears " controversial " , but truth is, we ain't really seen him at all since injury.

Depends on how he comes back IMO

He also had that one disastrous game under Emery who might have been slightly spooked by it and filed it away for future reference.

6 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Was/is a very underrated / undervalued player imo.

I've always valued him, even when he was at Man City.....2.3 hit rate in nearly 800 games, phenomenal.

4 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Ugarte would almost certainly displace Luiz in the XI. Certainly in central midfield anyway. Unless we changed formation. 

Just like Bissouma would have 😂

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Imagine we pip Liverpool to Ugarte, the meltdown on Twitter would be an all time classic.

I would Keegan that.

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, maqroll said:

He also had that one disastrous game under Emery who might have been slightly spooked by it and filed it away for future reference.

I more blame us for that in fairness, we rushed him back too quickly IMO.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Well sure but he’s been top scorer in the Bundesliga and Serie A, won multiple league titles, etc - he’s a level above even if underrated at times - so it’d be nice but it’s a bit like saying it would be nice to find a player like Riyadh Mahrez! I know what you mean though. 

I kinda meant, in style and stature....but if you know what I mean? you get it.

It would also be nice to find a player like Mahrez...whats wrong with that.....is it too obvious?

Edited by TRO

5 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Ugarte would almost certainly displace Luiz in the XI. Certainly in central midfield anyway. Unless we changed formation. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see Luiz pushed forward, or a rotation of those 3 if we somehow sign Ugarte

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

Also, we've been looking at Sporting games for a few months now, maybe we have been looking at Ugarte but it wasn't rumored as him at that point. 

They have some talent does Sporting.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, TRO said:

why do so many fans Baulk, when we propose top talent in Europe.....We are 8th in arguably the strongest league....Salaries are well paid, and the profile is very good.

I don't see any reason why, we should feel intimidated by other teams.....they all can't play in the champions league, and there are plenty of players, we should be interested in, who are not in the champions league places.

We have done fantastic in UE's run......but there are plenty out there, within our grasp, that can create a significant upgrade for us.....We have to be cute, and I am sure we will be.

With it clear now that we mean business under Emery, and with Alemany coming in from Barca. A lot of fans from other clubs are going to be shocked at some of the signings we’ll make. I feel a couple of big marquee signings happening this summer.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

With it clear now that we mean business under Emery, and with Alemany coming in from Barca. A lot of fans from other clubs are going to be shocked at some of the signings we’ll make. I feel a couple of big marquee signings happening this summer.

For me, the most important thing, is to get players who can stregthen us....I mean properly strengthen us, not sexy names who just rock up at B6 and we struggle to get a tune out of them.

I am not opposed to big money signings, but to date, we are do not have a great record with them, so we need to apply a decent bit of due dilligence.

I am still heavily in favour of character, determination and will to win.....characteristics some fans say is a given......its far from a given in my book.

The top of this league, requires exceptional skill , no doubt, but it also requires fighters too...players who only know too well, their skill/talent/guile call it what you will.....will be negated without application.

I feel sure UE will be mindful of this, going in to this window....because in the past, we have seen some new players, not reach the level, we thought....We know, every signing can't be right, but like the results, we need to get more right than wrong.

• Like 1