Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

33 minutes ago, burchy said:

I wonder if Luton come up via the play offs they’ll be interested in Marv as he seems to be doing great there at present.

As for Tim, I think he’s done enough in the first part of the season to get a lot of clubs interested in him next year, same for AJ.

Tim, top championship club, AJ promoted premier league club. Archer I’d keep and add to the squad (AJ too if we get Europe). 

He'd be a good signing for them, they wouldn't be possession heavy meaning he won't be getting 80 touches of the ball a game exposing his passing, tackling and battling

43 minutes ago, burchy said:

I wonder if Luton come up via the play offs they’ll be interested in Marv as he seems to be doing great there at present.

As for Tim, I think he’s done enough in the first part of the season to get a lot of clubs interested in him next year, same for AJ.

Tim, top championship club, AJ promoted premier league club. Archer I’d keep and add to the squad (AJ too if we get Europe). 

Nakamba will be off this summer.  He'll have a lot of interest after his very successful loan.  Luton fans love him to death and would love to see him there permanently.

Tim has been absolutely horrific at QPR since Beale left in October and has look fooking ghastly under 2 managers since.  QPR fans don't have anything nice to say about him on their forums whenever I have popped in to check on his progress.  He's not ready for even a rotational cup spot in the Villa squad and will probably go back to another mid-table Championship club on loan.

AJ and Archer might end up being rotation/cup options at the club after a preseason with Emery, otherwise I can see both of them getting loan interest from bottom half prem clubs.  It's also possible Archer may be off on a permanent move to help finance summer spending, if the money is right.

11 hours ago, duke313 said:

If we’re spending big on a CB, he needs to be 23-25 age bracket, someone who is about to peak.

I’m not sure what the question is, but slab head isn’t the answer.

Pau Torres is 26 👀

So how much we getting in the transfer war chest?

Potential income from:

5 million from Ings as it looks like West Ham are surviving.

Keinan Davis the forgotton man maybe 4 million.

Nakamba maybe 4 million

Trezeguet no idea

Archer?

Iroegbunam?

Curious what everyone thinks we will be able to generate on top of whatever else Unai is given.

3 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

I'll be **** furious if we sell Archer.

I don't think we will but thr option is there we will get a decent fee.

I agree though want to see him and Tim given a chance.

3 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

I don't think we will but thr option is there we will get a decent fee.

I agree though want to see him and Tim given a chance.

I was having a conversation yesterday and I mentioned that if Middlesborough got promoted I wouldn't be against him and Ramsey going back for a season loan of Premier League football. Would be a good way to see if they can cut it with no risk to Villa.

• Like 1

Villa would be mad to sell Archer, I think he'll be around the squad next season.

Besides Villa do not need to make money from selling Archer, there is a war chest ready.

Sell - 

Hause

K. Davis

Nakamba

Olsen

Bailey?

Buy - 

GK

Guendouzi

Lee Kang-In or Pedro Gonçalves?

Squad Additions - 

Archer

A. Ramsey

Iroegbunam

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Villa would be mad to sell Archer, I think he'll be around the squad next season.

Besides Villa do not need to make money from selling Archer, there is a war chest ready.

Sell - 

Hause

K. Davis

Nakamba

Olsen

Bailey?

Buy - 

GK

Guendouzi

Lee Kang-In or Pedro Gonçalves?

Squad Additions - 

Archer

A. Ramsey

Iroegbunam

Need to add a striker to this, Emery has already said he wants one in just the last 2 weeks.  Not a forward or an attacking player but a striker.  Interesting to see who he brings in, all we know from what he’s said is more ready than Duran.  Interesting to see whether an Ollie replica or completely different style to give us options or even to play with Ollie but he doesn’t seem to play two upfront so seems unlikely for that.  As it’s a striker it’s option off the bench, slight rotation with Ollie in game.  Interesting to see age, profile of the player he brings in.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Need to add a striker to this, Emery has already said he wants one in just the last 2 weeks.  Not a forward or an attacking player but a striker.  Interesting to see who he brings in, all we know from what he’s said is more ready than Duran.  Interesting to see whether an Ollie replica or completely different style to give us options or even to play with Ollie but he doesn’t seem to play two upfront so seems unlikely for that.  As it’s a striker it’s option off the bench, slight rotation with Ollie in game.  Interesting to see age, profile of the player he brings in.

I agree, nearly added another striker in...funnily enough I just posted this in the Archer thread:

"...perhaps someone with experience. I'm not saying sign Radamel Falcao but someone like him but a little younger with perhaps one season left at the top level?"

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

It wouldn’t be impossible. I’m not advocating it. However, if a sizeable offer comes in, slap on a buyback clause and consider it. 

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

It wouldn’t be impossible. I’m not advocating it. However, if a sizeable offer comes in, slap on a buyback clause and consider it. 

I’m wondering if Duran will go out on loan next season and given Emery wants another striker that Archer will be brought back into the squad as third striker.  Duran has been used really sparingly since coming in and adapting well by reports and Avfc clips so maybe some regular competitive football next season on loan.  Archer comes back from loan, ready for the step up and work alongside Ollie and newbie striker.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Don't think we would sell Archer and we'd be crazy to do so, but if he was sold I'm thinking something like £25m for his current worth is all someone might be willing to pay.

Then we'd need to a huge sell on clause of 40-50% profit (don't know if this level is unprecedented), which would act a little like a buy-back clause in the sense that he'd be massively more affordable to us than anyone else if he fulfilled his potential. Not sure anyone would agree to that, but it's that or £40-50m upfront.

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’m wondering if Duran will go out on loan next season and given Emery wants another striker that Archer will be brought back into the squad as third striker.  Duran has been used really sparingly since coming in and adapting well by reports and Avfc clips so maybe some regular competitive football next season on loan.  Archer comes back from loan, ready for the step up and work alongside Ollie and newbie striker.

A third striker gets no minutes.

Archer is a pretty decent understudy to Watkins, the problem we have is obviously giving him enough game time to develop. Watkins and Archer just wouldn't work together. 

The key signing is the player that plays behind Watkins that drifts out to the right. You'd have thought Bailey would be perfect for that spot but just hasn't performed. I think Buendia has been playing well there of late but we can definitely find more quality in the Summer. 

12 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

It would have to be an offer we can’t refuse. Was reading that we apparently used data to identify a club that would be best suited to his attributes for a loan, don’t think we’d have went to that effort if we weee just going to sell him. He’s part of the clubs long term plans.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

Same, but I think we will. 

If Boro come up in the playoffs they're going to want them both back*, we can only loan one of Ramsey and Archer to them next season. I think we'll loan them AJ and sell them Archer.

*Although I also thought we were somehow going to flog Keinan Davis to Forest for £15-20m this time last year

I'd love to see Iroegbunam in the squad next year,  I think if he and QPR had maintained their early season form he'd be a certainty in our squad next season.

Won't lie and say I've seen any QPR games (though I live round the corner, I should really), but my understanding is he's been OK in what's become a very poor QPR side. 

With Kamara, Luiz, Dendoncker and Chambers filling in at his position he's in a weird spot where he can absolutely take over the Dendoncker and Chambers role and win their minutes...but in reality I think he's on loan again by September.

Edited by HalfTimePost

1 hour ago, desensitized43 said:

I was having a conversation yesterday and I mentioned that if Middlesborough got promoted I wouldn't be against him and Ramsey going back for a season loan of Premier League football. Would be a good way to see if they can cut it with no risk to Villa.

Think at 21, its time to play him or sell him.

51 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’m sure @Zatman mentioned a rumour we offered Teemu Pukki a contract 

• Haha 1