Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

1 minute ago, pintpotvilla said:

Absolutely can't agree with this! Is there a better CH pairing in the Prem on current form?

Until they play the very best and keep them at bay you cannot say this yet  . My view is as a partnership they are top 8 quality and can they get even better . Ty and Ez say they are learning every day so you cannot rule it out  

1 minute ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Until they play the very best and keep them at bay you cannot say this yet  . My view is as a partnership they are top 8 quality and can they get even better . Ty and Ez say they are learning every day so you cannot rule it out  

You can only play what is in front of you but,for all their problems , when was the last time we kept a clean sheet at Chelsea? They are a very good pairing who are getting better and better under Unai

3 hours ago, IrishVilla10 said:

I've seen two Mallorca games this season and they're very good defensively but struggle to create and finish chances.  They'd be relegation candidates if their defense wasn't so good.  That said, Kang-In Lee stood out as their best player in both games.  Small, not very rapid, but works hard in the press and can pick a pass.  Reminds me of a very raw David Silva, but he didn't give me the impression he's ready to take the Premier League by storm.  I'm alright with the signing if he's cheap and we consider him one for the future.  I have a feeling he's looking for a club to pay him and keep him under contract while he takes care of his Korean military service requirement.  

Surely you don’t pay someone 10’s of thousands of pounds a weeks while they spend 2yrs doing national service? 

8 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Based on absolutely nothing I presume?

He has to take 2 years off sometime in the next 6 years to do his mandatory military service requirement.  He would have won the exception that Heung-Min Son and the rest of the Korean national team did when they took gold in the 2018 Asian games, but he declined his invitation to join the squad to focus on his club football at the time.  He can either go now or wait until he's in his prime...

4 hours ago, HKP90 said:

What's all this talk of Bellingham. Isn't he a bluenose? He must hate Villa.

Also he has to be going to a CL side, he's incredible.

Its all a joke mate unless people mean Jobe

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

Its all a joke mate unless people mean Jobe

That's the one, I had thought of. I've heard say that he was potentially the  better of the two, although that's a bit hard to swallow. He's played for England U17s & u18s, but would be one for the future. That said, I would imagine that we are the last club they would sell him to and that he would choose to play for. We would need to show a lot of patience to negotiate a deal and to then wait until he's ready to make an impact with us. 

I'm not convinced by Goncalves, at the suggested price tag, he's a massive risk.

In an ideal world Jack Grealish would come back to Villa! If he did we coukd snatch a chumps league place. But that's not happening any time soon. 

Nico Williams seems a better option to Goncalves, because at least he is performing well in the second best league in the world.

Kang-In looks like a back up option. Also one of Bailey, Traore, or Buendia would have to leave, for us to sign a backup option.