Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

26 minutes ago, Shaun Teales Moustache said:

I agree. Mikel Merino, for example, looks a very classy player, but is 6'2" and has won the 4th most Aerial Duals among CMs in the top 5 leagues this season. 68.9% win rate. He would be a great addition if at all possible.

We've conceded the 2nd most goals from set pieces this season. We've only scored the 14th most, which includes the direct ones. We need to add some aerial ability to the team. Carlos for Konsa will hopefully help. Right back and CM are the two other positions it makes the most sense to try and add to that.

Carlos is not that much taller than Konsa and was pretty hopeless defensively in the air vs Bournemouth. Small sample size but its no guarantee he will be an improvement

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TRO said:

I wouldn't mind a cheeky bid for Joachim Andersen, if we can't get Pau Torres.

we'll see him today.

I regards to defenders it's important that any incoming defenders have pace. The high line Emery wants to implement at home necessitates pace in the back 4. Andersen isn't particularly quick.

Also I expect Iroegbunam to have place in the squad next season who is 6'1 and aggressive, and can pass. Literally all the qualities we need alongside Kamara.

Edited by Philosopher
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

I regards to defenders it's important that any incoming defenders have pace. The high line Emery wants to implement at home necessitates pace in the back 4. Andersen isn't particularly quick.

Maybe I was taken, by how combative he was.

11 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Also I expect Iroegbunam to have place in the squad next season who is 6'1 and aggressive, and can pass. Literally all the qualities we need alongside Kamara.

is he quick?

3 hours ago, Philosopher said:

I don't see Tim getting into the squad next season, especially with us splashing the cash on a Guendouzi/Merino midfielder this summer...  He's been awful for QPR since Beale fooked off to Rangers and their fans don't have many good things to say about him.  

17 minutes ago, KMitch said:

I don't see Tim getting into the squad next season, especially with us splashing the cash on a Guendouzi/Merino midfielder this summer...  He's been awful for QPR since Beale fooked off to Rangers and their fans don't have many good things to say about him.  

He has massive potential, I'm sure Emery will love him. Iroegbunam just needs to find consistency, which Emery can help him with.

18 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

He has massive potential, I'm sure Emery will love him. Iroegbunam just needs to find consistency, which Emery can help him with.

Everyone said the same about KKH when he was recalled in January, but he can't even make the bench which has 2 goalkeepers on it...  The point is that we massively overrate our young players and expecting a player failing to stand out in a relegation threatened Championship team to suddenly break into our squad next season, with Emery and a reportedly record high transfer warchest isn't realistic, IMO.

58 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Only thing with that is young players struggle starting 40 games a season, he really should've had a breather with his form dipping.

No chance he's playing week in week out for us next season but he should be ready to impact from the bench.

On 03/03/2023 at 08:09, ferguson1 said:

Be interesting to watch Joachim Anderson against us this weekend. Ball playing CB and only 26 still. A lot of Palace play starts with him apparently and could suit the Emery style?

I can only apologise to you all. 

• Haha 2