Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

27 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I find this staggering to be honest. 

I don’t fully understand football finances. I don’t care to understand them. But when you have players moving for £100-150m now, it’s mad to think we were interested in a player and it’s worked out cheaper to buy half the club as well as the player than it would be to get somebody of a similar profile from a rival in this division. 

Moving forward, we should just buy clubs to get their players. 

Simples, right?

We have be involved with the club since shortly after Covid. So the deal to invest has been once worked on for years now. 

If we are interested in their player at the same time that's just coincidence. We can also help their club on a two pronged way. Buying a player and the investment from V. 

President Antonio Miguel Cardoso's exact words

“There were preliminary talks between V Sports and the previous management, but they were on hold as I became president in March of last year. No contact was made then due to a series of developments that were not positive. We started talking again because of Aston Villa’s interest in a Vitória player."

Links to players such as Bamba make me excited. 

It also made me wonder if we have ever had a spine of a squad that has basically not been more or less solely build up with only British players? Next season we could line up with an argentine goalkeeper, brazilian and italian (if he is anywhere near ready) center backs, french and brazilian center midfielders, basically the spine of the team. 

48 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I can see Emery being interested in Raya at Brentford or Sanchez at Brighton..

Both ball playing goalkeepers that are Spanish.

Surely we’d get our pants pulled down for both of them as they’d be hugely expensive. 

Raya also reminds me too much of Rylan or whatever his name is of those Cinch adverts

3 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Would anybody consider Adama Traore from Wolves on a free...

(Not saying I would)

Nope, somebody can check but he’s only had one season with decent end product.  He has some brilliant attributes but just doesn’t deliver and I’m not sure a risk we should take.  

Although at £55k per week at Wolves and a free, I wouldn’t be disappointed if happened but not bothered if doesn’t happen.  I think he’s had his chance and we’ll have better options.

1 hour ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I can see Emery being interested in Raya at Brentford or Sanchez at Brighton..

Both ball playing goalkeepers that are Spanish.

or Yassine Bounou, we were linked with him before the world cup.

14 minutes ago, PeterSw said:

Isn't Raya out of contract in the summer?

EDIT - No its Summer 2024. He's turned down two extension offers so doesn't look like he wants to stay?

Exactly, if we get a bif we deem good enough for Martinez, Raya is exactly the type of GK we need.

3 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Would anybody consider Adama Traore from Wolves on a free...

(Not saying I would)

Want to give a serious answer rather than my heavily opinionated one...

Didn't realise he's only got 9 top flight goals, not sure what his assist stats are, said in the Watkins thread IMO we need more goals spread across the team, there's nothing in his career to suggest he's the answer to that, hes getting around 1 goal in 8, Bowen as a comparison if West ham down and they cashed in (they won't) is around 1 in 4 for them

And then my heavily opinionated answer is hell **** no, he's a brain dead one trick pony with no end product who is the 4th best winger at wolves, I'd take neto and podence miles ahead of him 

Im all for us spending big on a few players, but there is some quality coming to the end of their contact this summer (some more gettable than others, and ofc some i might even not want lol)....

• Tielemans (CM)
  • Zaha (Winger/CF)
  • Thuram (CF)
  • Ndicka (CD)
  • Kamada (AM)
  • Laimer (CM)
  • Asensio (RW)
  • Skriniar (CD)
  • Grimaldo (LB)
  • Guerreiro (LB)
  • Keita (CM)
  • Aouar (CM/AM)
  • I.Martinez (CD)
  • M.Dembele (CF)
  • de Vrij (CD)
  • Belotti (CF)
  • Coufal (RB)
  • Ceballos (CM)
Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Want to give a serious answer rather than my heavily opinionated one...

Didn't realise he's only got 9 top flight goals, not sure what his assist stats are, said in the Watkins thread IMO we need more goals spread across the team, there's nothing in his career to suggest he's the answer to that, hes getting around 1 goal in 8, Bowen as a comparison if West ham down and they cashed in (they won't) is around 1 in 4 for them

And then my heavily opinionated answer is hell **** no, he's a brain dead one trick pony with no end product who is the 4th best winger at wolves, I'd take neto and podence miles ahead of him 

180 Premier League games, 9 goals, 15 assists and 25 big chances created

but Danny Murphy etc. thinks he is great 

17 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Im all for us spending big on a few players, but there is some quality coming to the end of their contact this summer (some more gettable than others, and ofc some i might even not want lol)....

• Tielemans (CM)
  • Zaha (Winger/CF)
  • Thuram (CF)
  • Ndicka (CD)
  • Kamada (AM)
  • Laimer (CM)
  • Asensio (RW)
  • Skriniar (CD)
  • Grimaldo (LB)
  • Guerreiro (LB)
  • Keita (CM)
  • Aouar (CM/AM)
  • I.Martinez (CD)
  • M.Dembele (CF)
  • de Vrij (CD)
  • Belotti (CF)
  • Coufal (RB)
  • Ceballos (CM)

I’ll take Thuram, Ndicka, Kamada, Laimer, Asensio, Aouar, Grimaldo 

2 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

I’ll take Thuram, Ndicka, Kamada, Laimer, Asensio, Aouar, Grimaldo 

Somethings got to be up with aouar, he's been too well known for too long and beyond the arsenal link 2/3 years ago no ones really even flirted with him, if he was what he was made out to be he'd have left lyon by now

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Somethings got to be up with aouar, he's been too well known for too long and beyond the arsenal link 2/3 years ago no ones really even flirted with him, if he was what he was made out to be he'd have left lyon by now

Attitude problems plus injury I believe. Has agreed to join Betis

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

From what I remember there were concerns about him and the people he surrounded himself with off the pitch and that he was very difficult to work with. And now he sounds like he’s been dealing with injury issues.

56 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Attitude problems plus injury I believe. Has agreed to join Betis

I was about to comment that he's the new Fekir and then saw your comment! They've both been excellent throughout their careers, been linked to big big moves and failed medicals, then ended up at Real Betis. Something weird about that?