Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

19 hours ago, burchy said:

Emery doesn’t play with an out and out LW, it’s more a LM/CAM that comes inside and the fullback overlaps and provides the width. 

Before Emery I was all for a LW and RW to come in and wanted us to go for Gakpo before we went to Liverpool (he’ll come good there) but Emery ball changed that.

I'm mean frcking what before emery you wanted a winger.  under Getard you wanted a winger.  have a word with yourself.  and bollox about emery not playing wingers.  he plays a formation that requires pace a quality in attack.  they may not line up on the touchline and stay there but he plays wingers.

5 minutes ago, grobs said:

After the owners hung emery out to dry in January I don’t expect the massive summer that everyone is expecting. 

He will walk then.

No way he would have come here without assurances he would be backed financially.

5 hours ago, burchy said:

Bored this afternoon so been looking at some options for the RM role. 

Keep Buendia there and get Alex Scott from Bristol City as a young understudy. 

Or

Guendouzi, Dumfries, Kokcu, Skov-Olsen, Ward-Prowse, Kone, K Thuram

Otavio....

Look him up, he is perfect for this system

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'd keep Buendia if i'm honest.

I’m not his biggest fan but I agree for a few reasons. He would be a good squad player and I’m not sure anyone would pay what we would want. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

If 442 is our formation under UE, then I'm happy to sell the following players if we can

Bailey

Buendia

Digne

Chambers (lol)

Are formations even a thing anymore? I mean look at the sky interviewer with Guardiola pre match asking if it was a back or not and the reply was “back 3 , back 5 back 6 depending on how they attack” 

2 hours ago, grobs said:

After the owners hung emery out to dry in January I don’t expect the massive summer that everyone is expecting. 

What makes you think the owners "hung" him out to dry, I promise you Unai is not here to be fooled. He definitely would've given the board names but buying players is harder than buying your favourite chocolate bar..... Before you ask - fruit n nut bar!

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, tezzaleed said:

I'm mean frcking what before emery you wanted a winger.  under Getard you wanted a winger.  have a word with yourself.  and bollox about emery not playing wingers.  he plays a formation that requires pace a quality in attack.  they may not line up on the touchline and stay there but he plays wingers.

What word do you want me to have with myself? Perhaps Getard or frking perhaps?

The only winger I can see is Bailey so you saying he plays with wingers is a bit rich as he only plays with one at present….Bailey

Before Emery arrived I wanted us to play a 4231 as I thought this would suit who we had in the squad. I wanted us to get a LW  to compliment Bailey and go LW, Buendia, Bailey with Watkins up top, Kamara and Luiz as a double pivot.

Emery doesn’t play a 4231 though, hence my reevaluation of positional priorities.