Teams you care about for various reasons

Spoony

Newport County are my second team due to my Dad supporting them.  Been to far more Newport games than Villa games!

Slight soft spot for Forest after having lived here for a few years and a lot of good friends being Forest fans.  "Care about" is probably a bit strong, but I'm pleased they got promoted and hope they stay up.

• Like 2

used to keep an eye on bournemouth's fixtures being my little local team always wanted them to do well

i still do, but now it's a case of always wanting them to lose...ghastly fanbase (well the new fans are anyway)

i kept an eye on norwich's results when deano was there and i'll do the same wherever he ends up

4 hours ago, Rodders said:

Forest - wife's family are Forest fans so I'm glad they're doing well. 

Nantes - lived there for a year

Rennes are the non-British team I like the most and whose results I follow most because I lived there for a year. We're north-west France rivals then. 😅

Edited by robby b

Weston Super Mare, where I grew up and still local, so go and watch them a fair bit. 

Always look out for Bristol Rovers results. 

I also have a big soft spot for Sheffield Wednesday for some reason. 

Foreign sides I like (this comes from Pro Evo or FIFA careers) AC Milan, Sampdoria, Real Oviedo & St Pauli. I've got a Milan shirt, the only other non-Villa footy top, besides England, I own. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Weston Super Mare, where I grew up and still local, so go and watch them a fair bit. 

Always look out for Bristol Rovers results. 

I also have a big soft spot for Sheffield Wednesday for some reason. 

Foreign sides I like (this comes from Pro Evo or FIFA careers) AC Milan, Sampdoria, Real Oviedo & St Pauli. I've got a Milan shirt, the only other non-Villa footy top, besides England, I own. 

I like Sheffield Wednesday's name. It's strange but great. I can't think of any other team that has a day of the week in their name. (And they have an owl in their badge, which is nice).

Best/most exotic team names could have its own thread if there isn't one already. 🤔 We, Aston Villa, are of course one of them and Wednesday and Leyton Orient, Accrington Stanley, Forest Green... I like these teams because they have great names ! 🤓

• Like 1

I think that's why I like Wednesday, they have a unique name like ours. 

Plus they were a decent side in the early 90s and always felt like a big game when they were playing. 

If they got back in the Prem and started beating us, I'd hate them though 😂

• Haha 1

Barcelona.

As a kid growing up Lineker went there and I used to always visit Spain regularly as family live there and still do.

Not so bothered about them anymore nor any other team.

As I live in Aberdeen there is a passing interest in Aberdeen but the football is dire so it's difficult to stomach; my Wife's family all support them too.

Always support England too, obviously.

Other than Aston Villa and my local Vålerenga, I follow these teams quite closely and watch their games on telly whenever I can. Warning: I’m quite political. 

- Athletic Club. Spent a week in Bilbao last summer and absolutely loved Basque culture. Athletic Club is a traditional club with a proud history and unique identity. I like that. Their ultras are mainly left wing. I also like Rayo Vallecano, for political reasons. 

- St. Pauli. They’re every lefty football fan’s second team, aren’t they? And with good reason. Their long standing dedication to anti-discrimination and anti-fascism is admirable, and their fans are spectacular. I also look out for Union Berlin, as they’re kind of hipster cool too and I love Berlin as a city. 

- Celtic. I’ve always been sympathetic to the Irish and Irish republicanism, so I’ve traditionally had a soft spot for Celtic. I soured on the whole Old Firm secterianism for a while, but the hugely inpressive ultras culture and outspoken anti-fascism of the Green Brigade has lured me back in the fold. 

Overall, I’m generally sympathetic to teams with left wing/anti-fascist ultras, all around Europe and the rest of the world. But Athletic, St. Pauli and Celtic are the three main ones. 

• Like 3

Nottingham Forest. 

Their 3 seasons; -promotion ,English Champions , European Cup was part of my childhood.  It was Roy of the Rovers stuff.  

Berwick 

I used to go to the matches if I was nearby.   A English Team with English Supporters playing Scots every single week.  

Inter - my wife’s team. Been over to San Siro quite a few times. Watch all of their matches. Managed to see them in the Champions League against Barcelona which was quite something for a Villa fan in his early 30s. 

Cambridge United - my local team, and got loads of close friends who support them. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, robby b said:

Best/most exotic team names could have its own thread if there isn't one already. 🤔 We, Aston Villa, are of course one of them and Wednesday and Leyton Orient, Accrington Stanley, Forest Green... I like these teams because they have great names ! 🤓

Crystal Palace?

• Like 1

Aston Villa first team

Aston Villa under 21's

Aston Villa under 18's

Aston Villa womens first team

Aston Villa womens under 21's

Any other official Aston Villa team

all the below teams with our name.....

Pelsall Villa

Chester Le Street Grange Villa

Garforth Villa

Princes Villa

Underwood Villa

Reddish Villa

Montpellier Villa

Paignton Villa

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, imavillan said:

Aston Villa first team

Aston Villa under 21's

Aston Villa under 18's

Aston Villa womens first team

Aston Villa womens under 21's

Any other official Aston Villa team

all the below teams with our name.....

Pelsall Villa

Chester Le Street Grange Villa

Garforth Villa

Princes Villa

Underwood Villa

Reddish Villa

Montpellier Villa

Paignton Villa

Villareal?

• Thanks 1

It’ll upset people, but I have a soft spot for Coventry. My best mate supports them so over the years we’ve gone to quite a lot of Cov games. And he’s come to a lot of villa games. 

So I tend to look out for their results and stuff

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Rich192 said:

Inter - my wife’s team. Been over to San Siro quite a few times. Watch all of their matches. Managed to see them in the Champions League against Barcelona which was quite something for a Villa fan in his early 30s. 

Cambridge United - my local team, and got loads of close friends who support them. 

Yeah my local team as well....

Â