Jhon Durán

PieFacE

4 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

You commented on him being up and down. Like I said he's 20. There aren't many consistent 20 year old around the world.

To my other point if ollie picks up a long term injury do you think he can hold the line ? 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

To my other point if ollie picks up a long term injury do you think he can hold the line ? 

Hold the line?

Duran isn't always sublime

Whoah-wo-wo!

Edited by Wezbid
  • Haha 2

West Ham would be a good move for him.

Chelsea I think would be a case of higher wages but just warming the bench like he does here.

Maybe he grew up idolising Drogba/Chelsea when he was growing up. Or he likes the South American contingent there (even though we have plenty of Spanish speakers here).

Would be a dodgy move for what he needs from next 2-3 years of his career imo. Similar to Chukuwuemeka who's played games here and there but is probably know further away from starting for Chelsea than a year ago.

10 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

West Ham would be a good move for him.

Chelsea I think would be a case of higher wages but just warming the bench like he does here.

Maybe he grew up idolising Drogba/Chelsea when he was growing up. Or he likes the South American contingent there (even though we have plenty of Spanish speakers here).

Would be a dodgy move for what he needs from next 2-3 years of his career imo. Similar to Chukuwuemeka who's played games here and there but is probably know further away from starting for Chelsea than a year ago.

Chuk got injured at the wrong time, he was their best player early on in the season. Not saying he'd have had a Palmer type season but he had that knack for looking better than the rest when they were crap and making things happen.

6 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Chuk got injured at the wrong time, he was their best player early on in the season. Not saying he'd have had a Palmer type season but he had that knack for looking better than the rest when they were crap and making things happen.

Palmer has now moved to AM  and think he'll stay there permanently. Nkunku fit and he can play support striker if they sign another CF.

With regards playing central midfielder Romeo Lavia played the grand total of one game for Chelsea this season. He gets back fit and he'll be above Chuk in the midfield pecking order.

Hard to see him getting games so I think they'll loan him out next season.

Got to say i was disappointed how duran and watkins played together yesterday 

They didnt play well together and were getting frustrated with one an other.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

TBH, that might say more about Watkins than it does about Duran.

For whatever reason, and for all his good points, Watkins has always struggled to play in a 2 up top. 

Sounds about right.

The kid sounds like an unbelievable moron.

In reality he could go on to be a 70m striker but I'd be more inclined to think he will be playing in Turkey at 27

15 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

It's a Wildcard... But I think he would grow into the role and probably really enjoy actually being involved as the " main man "

10 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

TBH, that might say more about Watkins than it does about Duran.

For whatever reason, and for all his good points, Watkins has always struggled to play in a 2 up top. 

He looked ok with ings at times - but under duran veey little gelling so far from w hat ive seen

Truth or nonsense...like most things probably somewhere in between

The club were more than likely involved in securing him the property, which then results in them getting involved when he **** it up

Damage worth £12k, lets be honest it's probably a £1m+ house so it's hard to comprehend what that damage actually looks like, could be the kitchen or bathroom alone 

light fittings being taken off the wall also reads differently from damage, damage would imply smashed off the wall, taken off to me would imply he's re arranged stuff and now has to pay to return it to the original state 

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The club were more than likely involved in securing him the property, which then results in them getting involved when he **** it up

Damage worth £12k, lets be honest it's probably a £1m+ house so it's hard to comprehend what that damage actually looks like, could be the kitchen or bathroom alone 

light fittings being taken off the wall also reads differently from damage, damage would imply smashed off the wall, taken off to me would imply he's re arranged stuff and now has to pay to return it to the original state 

image.jpeg.cad6170858b735a3c73cef8baa114e6b.jpeg

9 hours ago, jimmygreaves said:

His age is irrelevant. He's simply not good.

He's a dumb player who runs off the last man with his arm up expecting the 50 yard pass lumped up to him.... Then throws both arms up in exasperation that he didn't get the ball.

He needs to learn how to play professional football. He's been here a little while now working with the best coaches he's probably ever been exposed to and being understudy to one of the best strikers in Europe yet he doesn't seem to be learning anything.

He still plays like a kid in a Sunday league match. He's got technique and the physique but doesn't appear to be humble enough to realise he still has a tremendous amount to learn 

He has mentality issues for sure, but to call him not good is harsh. He has 5 goals in 475 PL minutes, equal to nearly one goal every 90. Imo, he's a serious talent. We should keep him if we can.

17 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Wonder if this was around the time he got his mysterious " injury " and rumours were swirling a few months ago?

21 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Wonder if this was around the time he got his mysterious " injury " and rumours were swirling a few months ago?

He had a toe infection

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Watkins is the killer of any 442 partnership.  Second striker..great.... number 10...great.

2 up front...forget it ..

Ings died up top with him. And Duran does as well when its not chaos time for him.

• Like 1

Â