Jhon Durán

PieFacE

Love how he just gets the ball and absolutely smashes it straight away.

Those first two shots (decent saves on both occasions) were rockets.

• Like 1

I think he is exactly what he is, a young kid inexperienced learning his way with a lot of developing left to go but there's something there to suggest he'll be a good player when he gets there 

The only thing stopping him is him believing that he's anything other than that 

He's not ready and we're using him right 

Edit - should say he was fine tonight, the believing he's something that he's not applies to us fans too... 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Adman said:

He hardly set the game alight 

No creativity whatsoever tonight. No Luiz, Tielemans or Buendia, where's the creativity coming from?

• Like 1

Playing for himself today. Looks like an unhappy player. He wants to go and get games. He is clearly fed up!

I can't blame him, because he is good enough for this level, but he has a quality player infront of him. Loan him out I say.

Edited by Philosopher
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

I think he is exactly what he is, a young kid inexperienced learning his way with a lot of developing left to go but there's something there to suggest he'll be a good player when he gets there 

The only thing stopping him is him believing that he's anything other than that 

He's not ready and we're using him right 

Edit - should say he was fine tonight, the believing he's something that he's not applies to us fans too... 

Agreed with all this - except for all we know he ALSO believes he’s being used exactly right.

Thought he was our best player tonight (low bar admittedly) and that’s all part of learning the game (away, cold night, Championship team, all your usual cliches for a young South American adapting to the UK etc).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Think the system is frustrating for him. He could be such a wonderful player but there’s a petulance or maybe just a youthful naivety there that needs coaching out of him. 

Or will just naturally come as he matures 

That's why I'm not overly keen on him being loaned out, I'd rather we kept him in house and gave him a bit of love 

• Like 2

If he causes issues in the locker room and can’t get on board with Unai, then it is what it is. 

But I hope it gets figured out and we keep him.

The upside is so easy to see. The movement and ideas are there even if he has some maturing to do at his age. Big. Fast. Hits absolute rockets. Could be a real player for us if his mind is right. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Straight down the tunnel after being subbed.  Not sure if they showed it on TV I am at the game.

I'd be annoyed too with how we played.

Edited by birdman

If he can't sort his attitude out then get rid. 

He's young, I get that, but with that comes naive decisions, petulance and at the moment a very poor attitude. 

If he was banging a goal in every time he got a start, I'd get his frustrations, but he isn't. 

You either knuckle down, work hard, learn and be patient or you throw your toys out the pram - unfortunately, I think he's more inclined to do the later. 

Edited by UpTheVilla26

1 minute ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

If he can't sort his attitude out then get rid. 

He's young, I get that, but with that comes naive decisions, petulance and at the moment a very poor attitude. 

If he was banging a goal in every time he got a start, I'd get his frustrations, but he isn't. 

You either knuckle down, work hard, learn and be patient or you throw your toys out the pram - unfortunately, I think he's more inclined to do the later. 

I'm not sure he has got a bad attitude 

I think there's an element of that seed being sown and now press reports fanning flames and giving at least something negative to moan about because there isn't a lot else right now 

It's being blown out of proportion 

• Like 1

Â