Jhon Durán

PieFacE

Emery on Duran "With Jhon Duran I have my challenge as a coach with him,” said Emery. “He is young and his potential could be great, to be the level of one of the better strikers in the world in the future."

Emery believes he could be on of the best strikers in the world. Why would we sell.

Edited by Pongo Waring
  • Like 1

On 03/01/2024 at 10:29, Pongo Waring said:

Emery on Duran "With Jhon Duran I have my challenge as a coach with him,” said Emery. “He is young and his potential could be great, to be the level of one of the better strikers in the world in the future."

Emery believes he could be on of the best strikers in the world. Why would we sell.

I really respect and admire Duran. Would be gutted if he left Villa. The kid loves this club and his rise from Envigado is the stuff of legends.

10 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

oh yay, more of the Italian media/twitter nonsense.

spanish/italian twitter bait is worse than the english version, and thats saying something.

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

spanish/italian twitter bait is worse than the english version, and thats saying something.

It's insane the amount of links between us and Italy by their journalists. Yet we've done zero business with them since we returned to PL. Closest is Zaniolo who we got from Turkey.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, CVByrne said:

It's insane the amount of links between us and Italy by their journalists. Yet we've done zero business with them since we returned to PL. Closest is Zaniolo who we got from Turkey.

We sold Keinan Davis to Udinese 🤣

• Haha 2

We somehow need to keep the nutter happy for a while, if a loan to Milan for a season does the trick so be it. 

If he can kick on from the obvious raw potential, he can become a fantastic striker. He's got the lot, he's just very naive at the moment and needs to learn his craft. 

• Like 2

I think I’d be happy to let him go to Italy on loan and let him cut his teeth there for 6 months. 

We’d need a replacement but I don’t think that’s a major issue. 

• Like 1

Just now, Herman22 said:

I think I’d be happy to let him go to Italy on loan and let him cut his teeth there for 6 months. 

Isn't he going to just sit on a warmer bench tho?

32 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

Have him tap Leao up for the summer in the mean time as well.

2024/25 we have a much improved Duran on the heels of Ollie, and Rafael Leao as our record signing to anchor the left/forward area 😃

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Adman said:

Isn't he going to just sit on a warmer bench tho?

6 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

Probably 

I wouldn't be sure of this honestly.

You'd be surprised how effective players coached and having a bit of PL.exoerience can be in relatively weaker Leagues 

I actually think he has the attributes to tear it up in Italy.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Probably nothing, but Duran is following Milan and doesn't follow Villa on Instagram now and has deleted all his villa pictures (except his profile pic). 

Collomosse even less subtle than Percy in suggesting that there are issues between Duran and the club, and that he'll probably be off either this window or next.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12929393/Aston-Villa-offers-Jhon-Duran-January-window-replacement-Colombian-striker-Unai-Emery.html

Aston Villa open to offers for Jhon Duran during the January window if club secures a replacement... with the Colombian striker thought to be at odds with Unai Emery over team role

Aston Villa are open to letting Jhon Duran leave the club this month as long as they can secure a suitable replacement.

The Colombian forward started the season in strong style, scoring four times in his opening seven matches, but has seen his opportunities limited as Villa's first-choice centre-forward Ollie Watkins has nine goals and eight assists in the league this term.

Duran has admirers in Italy and Spain and Villa would be prepared for him to depart on an initial loan deal, though they recognise the difficulty of finding an alternative in January who could provide solid back-up to Watkins. 

If they cannot do so, Duran is likely to stay at least until the summer, when he could be loaned out or even sold.

Mail Sport also understands Duran has not always seen eye to eye with Villa boss Unai Emery. 

The 20-year-old was taken off at half-time in games against Everton in the Carabao Cup in September and Zrinjski Mostar in the Europa Conference League in October and is thought to have expressed his frustration at those decisions. He also deleted references to Villa from his social media accounts.

Duran joined Villa from Chicago Fire a year ago and though Emery approved the deal, it was driven by Johan Lange, who has since left his role as sporting director for a similar role at Tottenham.

Asked in October whether there had been a disagreement with Duran, Emery said: 'We have to support and to help him every day trying to focus him on only football each training session on how he can improve.

'How he can progress with us. I am not here to control the social media for each individual player and I asked him about it.'

Edited by wishywashy

18 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Probably nothing, but Duran is following Milan and doesn't follow Villa on Instagram now and has deleted all his villa pictures (except his profile pic). 

Do we know if he ever followed the official Villa account? And whether he's always followed the Milan one or just recently started? If he has unfollowed the club that gave him the path to Europe it seems very petty.

Doesn't sound good. 🤦🏿‍♂️

Only way we should sell him is for a big profit. ( Even sell on and buy back )

If reports are true, and he's genuinely pissed off at not starting in the PL, ahead of Ollie, and at his age, I have questions about his intelligence.

A loan to Milan could go both ways with his reported mentality, he does well, and gains an even larger sense of ego/self worth, OR, he doesn't do so well, or start as much as he thought he would, and gets a reality check and life lesson.

I'm hoping some elders ( The likes of JPA Etc ) can get into his head somewhat.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, wishywashy said:

Collomosse even less subtle than Percy in suggesting that there are issues between Duran and the club, and that he'll probably be off either this window or next.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12929393/Aston-Villa-offers-Jhon-Duran-January-window-replacement-Colombian-striker-Unai-Emery.html

If Percy “is a shadow of his former self” then what does that make Collomosse?

Â