Jhon Durán

PieFacE

I thought he played really well, we didn't create much in the way of chances for him, but he still worked hard for the team and didn't really do anything wrong. If Watkins played that I would be congratualting him on an hard working performance, for somone as young as Duran to play that well is a promising sign. A shame he couldn't score that early chance, but was a good save from their keeper.

• Like 2

I can bet he was frustrated with the lack of crossing especially in the first half. The amount of times he was looking for a ball whipped in only for cash to check back and play it backwards.

I understand emery wants high percentage chances rather than crosses where it could go either way but if digne had been on from the start, I think he would have had more joy.

I did like his tactical booking late on, he's learning, it was an important foul that stopped them on a quick break.

• Like 1

put a good shift in, and particularly 2nd half helped up the intensity a bit, felt like he was keen to make most of his chance to start. Still clearly a bit raw and doesn't always seem on same wavelength as teammates, but that'll come

Still only nineteen and played less than five games worth of football for us in all competitions, but already looking very good, and he's going to get better and better. If an academy graduate came into the team and looked as good already it would be an incredibly promising sign. Four goals in the amount of game time he's had is pretty good going as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Incredible athlete. Still quite some ways to go in terms of coaching and maturity. To be expected.

Agreed he’s got all the ability and tools you’d want. There is a question on the mentality to be a top level player but he’s 19 so that’s to be expected. 

Question is if Watkins get injured can Duran do a job for 10/15 games. I’m not sure on that at all. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brummybloke said:

I can bet he was frustrated with the lack of crossing especially in the first half. The amount of times he was looking for a ball whipped in only for cash to check back and play it backwards.

I understand emery wants high percentage chances rather than crosses where it could go either way but if digne had been on from the start, I think he would have had more joy.

I did like his tactical booking late on, he's learning, it was an important foul that stopped them on a quick break.

I really dislike the fact that when we did cross none of them were high. Duran is one of the best jumpers in football. And all the crosses were hitting the first CB. At least give him the chance to get his head on it. 

He was also fouled for morenos goal and we'd have had a penalty instead. 

• Like 1

A pretty good CF display from him. Dangerous threat on through balls, good effort closing down, and should’ve had a goal in the first half. 

Tons of potential and hope he gets the start away at Mostar and gets the ball in the air a few times against him. 

4 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

I really dislike the fact that when we did cross none of them were high. Duran is one of the best jumpers in football. And all the crosses were hitting the first CB. At least give him the chance to get his head on it. 

He was also fouled for morenos goal and we'd have had a penalty instead. 

Is he? 

17 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He’s a beast for 19, no doubt. Honestly think he could do with a loan in the championship. I know a lot will disagree. 

id rather keep him in house working with our coaching team

minutes vs coaching argument

im not sure 90 mins for preston every week would be as good as 5 days a week with unai looking after him and him being lucky to get 90 mins a month

he does need more PL sub appearances though

I get the fact that he's raw, athletic and there's a lot of potential there, but at the moment for the PL, he's  no more than an impact sub. I'm sure he'll develop into a fine player but in the here and now, if anything happens to Watkins we'd be in a spot of bother. A decent back-up is sorely needed - I know they don't grow on trees but thats the job of Monchi and his team.....I'm sure its something they recognise and are already working on.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dillon66 said:

I get the fact that he's raw, athletic and there's a lot of potential there, but at the moment for the PL, he's  no more than an impact sub. I'm sure he'll develop into a fine player but in the here and now, if anything happens to Watkins we'd be in a spot of bother. A decent back-up is sorely needed - I know they don't grow on trees but thats the job of Monchi and his team.....I'm sure its something they recognise and are already working on.

Don't disagree but we also have Diaby, Zaniolo and, at a push, Bailey who could step up if needed?

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

He’s a beast for 19, no doubt. Honestly think he could do with a loan in the championship. I know a lot will disagree. 

Not me. He needs some game time.

Lots of physicality and effort, but not much quality yet. 

• Like 1

Â