Jhon Durán

PieFacE

11 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Falling out with Unai after he was hooked at HT during the CL is one rumour.

Blimey, over two weeks ago. He's been in the doghouse for fair old time if that's the case.

Don't be a berk now Jhon.

5 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Whole lot of speculation going on here. I reckon there's a very good chance he goes out on loan.

Let's not forget the impact he had at Palace. Game changing sub. Unless we bring in another striker I don't see him going out on loan. 

• Like 1

Unai isn’t the type to hold a grudge.it’s very unlikely that he’s finished here might sit a few games out and thats it. Or there might not be anything to it at all after all he’s a 19 year old coming back from international duty and might need a short break.

3 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Unai isn’t the type to hold a grudge.it’s very unlikely that he’s finished here might sit a few games out and thats it. Or there might not be anything to it at all after all he’s a 19 year old coming back from international duty and might need a short break.

I think we had similar " mystery" around his return in the summer and it turned out to be nothing in fairness. 

• Like 2

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think we had similar " mystery" around his return in the summer and it turned out to be nothing in fairness. 

He’s a young player holding his own in the premier league I think he can be over emotional at times but his attitude and workrate seems excellent.  People need to consider that the adjustment to new culture and country despite being in the US briefly can be difficult for a kid from one of the poorest areas in Columbia. It’s not like Jacob Ramsey transitioning into the first team at the club he’s been at since a child and with the support of family and friends.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

He’s a young player holding his own in the premier league I think he can be over emotional at times but his attitude and workrate seems excellent.  People need to consider that the adjustment to new culture and country despite being in the US briefly can be difficult for a kid from one of the poorest areas in Columbia. It’s not like Jacob Ramsey transitioning into the first team at the club he’s been at since a child and with the support of family and friends.

Yeah, it's so easy for us as fans to just view players as numbers. When someone moves here from another country they're uprooting their whole life. Yeah I know they're paid very well before someone counters with that, but it can still be very difficult to adjust.

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Let's not forget the impact he had at Palace. Game changing sub. Unless we bring in another striker I don't see him going out on loan. 

Yeah he's quality but he's gotta play more regularly at this stage of his career. I'm also just speculating, but I still think we need a more experienced back-up to Ollie - so perhaps one has become available and we're loaning Duran out...

• Like 1

Pure speculation and that tends to be crap as per the reputed falling out between Tielemans and Emery.

He’s probably got a knock or maybe had an immature reaction to being subbed at half time…. But he’s younger than Louie Barry so even if there was an issue I’m 100 percent sure Emery would forgive and forget if he apologised and applied himself in training . 

It's worth saying that if he just slept over in Colombia or Ecuador when he got the flight back to Birmingham he wouldn't have been arriving until late Wednesday or Thursday morning by the time he's rid of the jetlag it's Friday or Saturday if he's not been part of the preparation for the game I doubt emery wants to play him.

5 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

It's worth saying that if he just slept over in Colombia or Ecuador when he got the flight back to Birmingham he wouldn't have been arriving until late Wednesday or Thursday morning by the time he's rid of the jetlag it's Friday or Saturday if he's not been part of the preparation for the game I doubt emery wants to play him.

Although Unai does often put players on the bench who don't have a chance of playing, eg a second kepper or players who aren't fully fit.

Dunno, it just seemed a very strange, overly expensive signing from the word go, and not one that Unai had anything to do with. He just doesn't seem like an Emery player to me.

Â