The Last of Us (Warning: spoilers for most recent episode openly discussed!!)

Stevo985

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Feels about right to me

Reveal hidden contents

Episode 5 leaving KC

6 reach tommy

7 uni and Joel getting impaled

8 snowy bit

9 fireflies and epilogue but that could be like 30 mins long

They're going to do the DLC episode too at some point, feels like David might be reduced down especially with kathleen but in general they can do it, the game has a couple of hours with bits like the sewers and the floating pallets, abandoned hotel maybe the holiday resort place that could all be cut out

I think that's nearly right except I think they'll combine your 6 and 7 into one episode, then episode 7 will be more Ellie's back story

1 hour ago, regular_john said:

I recall reading that the first game would be spread across the first two seasons so I suspect this season will finish at around the halfway point of the first game

Nope, I believe they confirmed the first season is the first game

11 hours ago, AJ said:

Lol. 

I haven't been watching it... yet.

I am just gauging from what I know from the game, and it seems that they are only about a quarter way through the story, as it seems there is just so much more to go.

Spoiler

We still have Jackson, the university, that town of "extreme survivalists" and SLC to go, plus whatever exploratory bits to go through yet.

I just checked, and each remaining episode is under an hour. Are they really going to be able to cover this?

No game spoilers please!

I played the first one and can't remember a thing.

Edited by fightoffyour

Thought the Joel and Ellie stuff was great but the deviation from the game didn't really achieve much yet and Spoiler for what I think they've set up

Spoiler

Fodder for a big action scene with the bloater next episode

Fun fact - Kathleen's mate with the beard... Thats Tommy from the games!

Edited by villa4europe

16 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

No game spoilers please!

I played the first one and can't remember a thing.

Sorry mate.

Sincere apologies.

• Like 1

Well so far I think every episode has been a perfectly crafted treat. I'm actually organising stuff around when it's going to be on TV. I really didn't think it would be this good, it's ace. Although I felt a bit cheated with ep4 only being 45 mins long, I want an hour at least for each please! Two preferrably.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Risso said:

Well so far I think every episode has been a perfectly crafted treat. I'm actually organising stuff around when it's going to be on TV. I really didn't think it would be this good, it's ace. Although I felt a bit cheated with ep4 only being 45 mins long, I want an hour at least for each please! Two preferrably.

What's the point? They'd just fill it with gay scenes and no more killing.

• Haha 3

Ep 5 - Last 10 mins actually make me question why we watch these programs. 

When I played the game I wasn't a father and now I have 2 boys. Watching this story makes you question what you'd do under similar circumstances and this episode forces you to contemplate the inevitable. 

Ugh - I didn't enjoy that in the slightest.

• Like 1

Ok - I've not followed the last few pages because I'm watching ep 5 right now and it's an ad break - but I have to go back to ep 3 again. It's taken a while but I finally understand why I hated it so much - not deep rooted homophobia - but that they were safe, so safe the whole time and they could carry out their intimate little lives with strawberries and fine wine, and grow old and decide when they wanted to die - and frankly that was an appalling idea for an episode of a drama in a post apocalyptic world, where everyday you face the threat of dying or starvation or injury. Ep 3 sucked ass and I'll never change my mind.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Ok - I've not followed the last few pages because I'm watching ep 5 right now and it's an ad break - but I have to go back to ep 3 again. It's taken a while but I finally understand why I hated it so much - not deep rooted homophobia - but that they were safe, so safe the whole time and they could carry out their intimate little lives with strawberries and fine wine, and grow old and decide when they wanted to die - and frankly that was an appalling idea for an episode of a drama in a post apocalyptic world, where everyday you face the threat of dying or starvation or injury. Ep 3 sucked ass and I'll never change my mind.

If you think that sucked ass you should see Frank in white lotus...

But seriously the idea is love in a post apocalyptic world where everyday you face the threat of dying or starvation or injury... Because that is the central theme to the last of us, love of a parent, love of a brother, love of an actual lover

The interesting thing is that they skirted around Joel and Tess (yet showed more than the game) but went all in on Frank and Bill

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

If you think that sucked ass you should see Frank in white lotus...

But seriously the idea is love in a post apocalyptic world where everyday you face the threat of dying or starvation or injury... Because that is the central theme to the last of us, love of a parent, love of a brother, love of an actual lover

The interesting thing is that they skirted around Joel and Tess (yet showed more than the game) but went all in on Frank and Bill

No problem with a love story set in an apocalypse - none whatsoever - but those guys had it very easy - can only think the show runners wanted to subvert the genre a little and show how some people through luck rode it out easy - only to set us up with the latest ep which delivered the largest stomach punch imaginable. I'd have said the theme of the latest ep was what do you find scary - for the kids it was being alone, for the adults it was to have people depend on you. The theme of ep 3, was IMHO a load of shite. 

The show runners talk a lot about duality, so there is something in a story of a couple who 'win' thanks to the apocalypse, but 'lost' before it. Well, Bill did anyway. Juxtaposed against Henry and Sam in this latest episode who have relentlessly lost, it seems, since Sam's birth in to that utter hell. 

I mentioned before that I feel the worth of episode three is in the viewers take on whether it was story worth taking us away from Ellie and Joel or not. I think it was, but can understand if others don't feel the same way. The other issue which may cause concern is if episode 3 was overindulgant in it's length, but we'll only know that at the end of the show. Given the preview for episode 6, that's not something I'm worried about. 

Episode 5 was the best episode of the series so far, I think. Everything was just perfect, the awesome easter eggs of players of the game, the infected battle, (again) the duality of the oppositing motivations with there being no truly good or evil people, really **** great stuff. 

Brilliant episode, had doubts about Kathleen and still wasn't overly sold on her by the end but the big action sequence they were setting it up for paid off and the fedra were also baddies who got their due stuff did work, Henry and Sam was superb

Minor detail which I loved, after saying she was always scared it looked to me like Ellie pissed herself when attacked at the end but it's not blatant, they don't make her stand up and show it or mention it, it just looks like it's on the floor beneath where she was lying, that scene before worked really well as did all her stuff with Sam, she's still just a kid, her confidence and sass is a front, she's easier to understand in the TV show and I think she's got more depth

• Like 1

Â