• Bailey
    • Moreno (Digne 10)
    • Ings (Watkins 32)
    • Sanson (Ramsey 81)
    • Coutinho (Buendía 81)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/01/23 at 23:59

5 hours ago, Philosopher said:

Loads of misplaced passes, lack of understanding with teammates, not one dribble, defended okay, but clearly needs time to properly integrate, and  get used to the pace.

Some of what you say was true for the first 20 minutes, but after that, he made a goal saving clearance and almost scored after a marauding run, so plenty of pace. Plus, he came on earlier than intended due to an injury and only joined the club this week, so any lack of chemistry with his teammates is not his fault. I'd say you need to change your specs, mate 

We should do what Chelsea and man city do, and put in an offer for a player in a struggling premier league team near the bottom.... buy their best player.

Put in an offer for this latest wonder kid Gnonto ....

• Like 1

Although the overall performance wasn't great we were much improved in the second half and the players were fully committed.

For those claiming we were a bit lucky remember the reverse game at Elland Road earlier in the season (finished 0-0) where we got just 1 point but we deserved 3 (we had 19 shots to Leeds 7 on that occasion).

Swings and roundabouts and all that....

Edited by Brumstopdogs
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, smg said:

That may be true but sadly it takes time and patience, sadly Villa fans don’t have that and therefore are going to be disappointed.

I can see no reason why one can't be replaced in the summer, I would start with Konsa. We have Carlos coming back and if he's upto it after injury then Mings would make a fine backup.

I always find it interesting to see who people choose for MOTM. I went with Young for three reasons. His calm pass out of defense really set the first goal off. Amazing tackle before our second goal and he was up against their best player and kept him relatively quiet. 

But Martinez and Bouba are equally good shouts. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

I can see no reason why one can't be replaced in the summer, I would start with Konsa. We have Carlos coming back and if he's upto it after injury then Mings would make a fine backup.

Why Konsa over Mings? From what I observe Mings is the better of the two all round. 

1 hour ago, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

We didn’t really deserve to win for most of that, but that’s what successful teams do- grind out results again the odds. Delighted with this although slightly annoyed Spamford got his usual  goal against us. 

Martinez kept us in it. On another day we could easily draw or lose that 3-2. We were poor for most of the game, can’t keep riding our luck. 

• Like 1

We did to Leeds last night what the better teams have been doing to us for years, found a way to win.

For an hour, right up untill the second goal, we couldnt get out of our half. To have won that could be transformative for the mindset of the team, and definitely the tonic we needed after midweek.

This isnt the villa we are used to.

Kamara was the difference for me, such a quality player, always in the right place at the right time.

The other was Martinez, he just calms the entire back line down with his presence. Hes also perfect in a backs to the wall game with his gamesmanship, god you would hate him if you were the opposition.

On a side note, just how the Leeds fans can boo their manager after that performance was weird.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nigel said:

We did to Leeds last night what the better teams have been doing to us for years, found a way to win.

For an hour, right up untill the second goal, we couldnt get out of our half. To have won that could be transformative for the mindset of the team, and definitely the tonic we needed after midweek.

This isnt the villa we are used to.

Kamara was the difference for me, such a quality player, always in the right place at the right time.

The other was Martinez, he just calms the entire back line down with his presence. Hes also perfect in a backs to the wall game with his gamesmanship, god you would hate him if you were the opposition.

On a side note, just how the Leeds fans can boo their manager after that performance was weird.

On the Leeds manager and booing, I think I read last night that they have two wins in , I presume, 17 away games. Leeds twitter is full of people wanted him sacked.

12 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

The only positive is..we won! But we’ve been outplayed now by Stevenage, Wolves and Leeds for large parts of games and that will concern Emery. 

Yet we are 4th in the form table, with 4 wins and a draw from the last 6.

37 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

On the Leeds manager and booing, I think I read last night that they have two wins in , I presume, 17 away games. Leeds twitter is full of people wanted him sacked.

I think it's 2 wins in 17 - not just away matches.

In isolation they were unlucky last night, but at what point does it stop being about luck?

11 hours ago, smg said:

It’s probably an age thing but I can’t get on board with ‘shithousery’ it’s f*****g cheating. If we need to run the clock down keep possession in safe areas use your skills/ brains but we as a team are becoming an embarrassment at the moment by adopting these tactics.

11 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

I thought it looked quite poor from us. Like i said earlier, it’s not something id want us to incorporate in our game consistently. We were deliberately keeping the ball out of play at times - huge chunks of time. I don’t like it. Running the ball into corners is completely different, balls in play - tough shit if you can’t get it off us. What we did tonight was unsporting. Look, we won and i never seen us do it to that scale before and hope not to again. 

Agree and disagree.

Agree in the sense that shithousery and time wasting is annoying as ****, it should have no place in football anymore, and can easily be eradicated instantly just by introducing a stoped clock.

Disagree in that while the rules are what they are, we have to play them to our advantage like all of the other top teams do.

54 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

Sounds like a good return for Leeds, they should be grateful.

Â