Mattéo Guendouzi

JayVTID

Not sure why people are expecting this to go through before Jan 31st.

Too late to do anything for Saturday and we don't then play until Feb 4th.

I still think this is more likely in the summer aswell.

Marseille at home to Monaco on 28th and that's one of their biggest games of the season outside of PSG so can't see why they'd let him go before that.

• Like 1

More of a summer one for me. Marseille pushing for champions league and they’ll make us pay something astronomical to part with him in January and to be honest where does he push us on in this season?  I don’t think we’ll be in relegation danger but i also don’t share some of the blind optimism of some of my fellow VT’S that we’ll challenge for Europe. We don’t need him in January for what we need to do this season. Basically. I think we need another striker with Ings gone. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Anything11 said:

strong link to player

more links to alternatives

quiet on all fronts

original player signs "out of nowhere"

this is the villa playbook

I think Emery said if Sanson and Nakamba leave this window we'll look to sign another midfielder. So a few things need to happen for this move to fall into place

11 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

More of a summer one for me. Marseille pushing for champions league and they’ll make us pay something astronomical to part with him in January and to be honest where does he push us on in this season?  I don’t think we’ll be in relegation danger but i also don’t share some of the blind optimism of some of my fellow VT’S that we’ll challenge for Europe. We don’t need him in January for what we need to do this season. Basically. I think we need another striker with Ings gone. 

I'm not sure that Emery will be looking at the current table and thinking 10th place will do us fine this season.

Just now, duke313 said:

Guendouzi and Dembele, would be happy enough with that.  Although it would mean not getting the winger Emery is said to have wanted, unless we add a 3rd.

me too.

we sound like Oliver twist now........ more please.

13 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Send Sanson back as part of the deal… might cheer their fans up…

It would cheer me up no end, I'm fed up of hearing about him.

Bloke has done nothing since he's been at the club and is a complete waste of wages.

I'm sure they are not stupid enough to take him back as a makeweight in this deal if it happens.

• Like 1

Â