Álex Moreno

Delphinho123

5 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

Addition of Moreno and Ramsey are critical to deal with low block tactics and also to help the high line tactic with the recovery pace and ball pressuring ability they both bring. 

It's also vital because we can start to rotate some of our overused players.

• Like 1

Looks like he played a friendly down at Swansea from his socials last night. Bit brutal having to warm the bench for a few games in his comeback and then having to go all the way down to South Wales to actually get on a pitch but we'll take it.

Hopefully see him in the next europa game get serious minutes and then he becomes a serious starting option for the Man.City-Arsenal double header which would be incredibly useful.

20 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Looks like he played a friendly down at Swansea from his socials last night. Bit brutal having to warm the bench for a few games in his comeback and then having to go all the way down to South Wales to actually get on a pitch but we'll take it.

Hopefully see him in the next europa game get serious minutes and then he becomes a serious starting option for the Man.City-Arsenal double header which would be incredibly useful.

Cup match for U21's and won 4-3 after being 3-1 down 

• Thanks 1

On 14/11/2023 at 20:15, Delphinho123 said:

Moreno is the opposite to Digne. He looks to beat his man at every opportunity, hit the byline and pull the back back into dangerous areas. It can be brutal to defend against.

Digne is more your stand and deliver type full back. Steady eddy with a mean cross at times. Possibly a little better defensively than Moreno but not much in it. 

Both good options in different types of games. Cash could do with similar competition. 

Moreno is top 5-10% in carries and successful take ons for a LB

Digne is bottom 33% for progressive carries and bottom 10% for successful take ons.

They are completely different attacking FBs. 

As good as Digne has been this season you know Emery would prefer the Moreno profile for left back so I would still expect Digne to leave in summer and a new LB come in

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

Man if Moreno was six years younger...we'd be sorted for a long time in that position. Hard to believe he's 30!

My worry is his age and his bad hamstring injury for such a quick player. It's a worry how he'll be now, can he fully recover and how many years has he got at the level he was last season

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

It's great that we were able to facilitate a proper recovery rather than having to have him come back early from a lack of choice. 

I agree - Digne has played very well this season and will be unfortunate to lose his place in the team, but this guy is a little bit special and offers that us, that little bit of magic, that despite playing superbly Digne cannot.

14 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Looking sharp in training today (check his Instagram stories) - one lovely run through a few players and finish, and one pinpoint whipped low cross.

I keep thinking how crazy that Newcastle 3 nil home win was last season with Moreno and Ramsey linking up and Buendia driving and picking out passes. And how none of them have been available this season and we have done so well. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, turvontour said:

I keep thinking how crazy that Newcastle 3 nil home win was last season with Moreno and Ramsey linking up and Buendia driving and picking out passes. And how none of them have been available this season and we have done so well. 

Our left-side was dominant in that fixture and to have it ripped out of the side in our opening games was a big miss.

However Villa have done well without them both so far, great time to get them back though with a tough run of fixtures.

Still not sure if Moreno will start yet though, maybe see him from the bench if the match is going well on Sunday. I see no reason to risk him and rush him back...

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang

Â