Álex Moreno

Delphinho123

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Am I the only one that thinks he’s lost a yard of pace? 

Dunno, might be wrong, but doesn’t look as good as last season. Can be excused because of injury I suppose. 

He's not up to speed for sure just like JJ. These long lay offs really take their toll! He's been fairly decent considering though.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Am I the only one that thinks he’s lost a yard of pace? 

Dunno, might be wrong, but doesn’t look as good as last season. Can be excused because of injury I suppose. 

I think the yard that you speak of will be the reaction time that comes with match sharpness.

The fudged clearance at Brentford is a classic example. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I love how for the first goal, Arteta is crying about something as usual. One of the best constructed goals you're likely to see in a given season and it still isn't enough to make him hold his hands up.

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

I know somewhat off topic but the first goal shows everything that’s special about Kamara. The way he deliberately holds on to the ball longer  than you’d expect and engages a defender before feeding Moreno…just class 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JPJCB said:

I know somewhat off topic but the first goal shows everything that’s special about Kamara. The way he deliberately holds on to the ball longer  than you’d expect and engages a defender before feeding Moreno…just class 

Yep. That pass has stuck in my memory!

Just offers so much more variation down the left. Can cut inside, can take it to the byline, can cross it early or cut back. 

Digne has been very good but Moreno fits Unai’s style so much more. 

Agreed, just wish we saw more cutbacks yesterday. I feel like the chance to score from a player arriving late at the edge of the box is generally greater, especially against a team like Everton who defend in numbers close to their goal line, than firing the ball across the six yard box. 

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, VillaAlex said:

Big fan of Alex but he was utterly dreadful today, capped off with the own goal. Sadly he's been thrust back into regular minutes and he's not ready for it. 

Yeah had a stinker and for me was at fault for the third goal....nowhere near his man even though he knew he was there. Worked hard and tried but found wanting.

Injury has kinda messed him up but I think he's been rubbish all season. Doesn't have a decent cross in him.

Digne has been miles clear this year and hopefully he's back fit soon. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Injury has kinda messed him up but I think he's been rubbish all season. Doesn't have a decent cross in him.

Digne has been miles clear this year and hopefully he's back fit soon. 

You are not wrong 

Â