Álex Moreno

Delphinho123

17 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

He’s everything we thought Digne would be. 2-3 more summer signings of his quality and we really will be threatening the top 6 next season.

2-3 more signings like this and it's silverware season. 

1 hour ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

A full back with end product. I’ve heard about these players but never seen one at Villa before

Moreno is an outstanding player.  To play at the speed that he does while exhibiting close control and picking out teammates with passes is simply sensational.  When you look at the speed he was traveling when he intercepted the ball before picking out Watkins with an inch perfect pass for the disallowed goal, it's incredible.  Last left back of the same ilk was Colin Gibson.  Could argue for Staunton too I suppose but he lacked (any) pace. 

5 hours ago, FLVillan said:

Moreno is an outstanding player.  To play at the speed that he does while exhibiting close control and picking out teammates with passes is simply sensational.  When you look at the speed he was traveling when he intercepted the ball before picking out Watkins with an inch perfect pass for the disallowed goal, it's incredible.  Last left back of the same ilk was Colin Gibson.  Could argue for Staunton too I suppose but he lacked (any) pace. 

That piece of play was truly outstanding. Would have been one of the assists of the season.

Everytime he gets the ball and runs at the opposition full back, I assume something is going to happen. 

The defensive aspects of his game will also improve as he plays more. I don’t actually think they’re that bad as they are but still. 

On 01/04/2023 at 20:33, est1874 said:

MoReNo CaNt DeFeNd

**** immense today. Love this guy.

Really doesn't matter if he attacks like this.

Kind of like Trent. If you're that good offensively it outweighs any deficiency defensively.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KMitch said:

Looks like Alex had all the South American Villans over at his place last night after the game and they were all hanging out livestreaming on Twitch and playing Call of Duty together.  Lots of shenanigans ensued...  Here is a clip of Diego Carlos falling through a window.

https://www.twitch.tv/15alexmoreno/clip/MoistAbstemiousAubergineSMOrc-dRNHKyaaLDbU7vus

These guys really seem to have a very tight knit friend group.

Think Dougie had to remind Diego Carlos who he plays for in the 4th clip down 🤦‍♂️

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

A full back with end product. I’ve heard about these players but never seen one at Villa before

It's a strange sight. At the moments he receives the ball I want him to whip them in the box as it is all I have been accustomes too, yet he takes a touch, takes a dribble, knocks it past or through someone and is in the penalty box drilling it to someone.

What a signing.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

It's a strange sight. At the moments he receives the ball I want him to whip them in the box as it is all I have been accustomes too, yet he takes a touch, takes a dribble, knocks it past or through someone and is in the penalty box drilling it to someone.

What a signing.

I had exactly that moment yesterday when he dribbled in the box to set up Ramsey effort off the bar. I almost bemoaned him for trying too much. I will learn the error of my ways.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Frodo said:

Think Dougie had to remind Diego Carlos who he plays for in the 4th clip down 🤦‍♂️

Carlos still ‘repping‘ Sevilla 😂. Dougie like the teachers pet who doesn’t want detention ‘Aston Villa’ …. 

My niece told me to write repping btw.

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, KMitch said:

Looks like Alex had all the South American Villans over at his place last night after the game and they were all hanging out livestreaming on Twitch and playing Call of Duty together.  Lots of shenanigans ensued...  Here is a clip of Diego Carlos falling through a window.

https://www.twitch.tv/15alexmoreno/clip/MoistAbstemiousAubergineSMOrc-dRNHKyaaLDbU7vus

These guys really seem to have a very tight knit friend group.

All looks clean and good fun though, not boozing in a night club VIP area with blondes who aren't their wives

Worlds changed 😂

• Like 1

12 hours ago, FLVillan said:

He was more gutted than Watkins at being denied the assist. 

1 hour ago, villarule123 said:

Is there a better sight than this man in full flow running rings around everyone?

And to top it off, he's a sexy bastard.

This, rugged hunk of a man with that cheeky boy thing going on

Would

Edited by Follyfoot

6 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

What a signing.

It's proper FIFA play isn't it. Get to the byline and cut back

Â