Álex Moreno

Delphinho123

46 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Our left side attacking play fell off a cliff when Digne replaced him. He's a great little player. 

And Moreno didn’t look great when he played in other games many felt. I thought he was good today but i don’t understand this “ I praised Moreno therefore i must slate Digne “ narrative not specifically by you, a few have said the same. Digne was excellent against Everton. Moreno played great today. It’s a good problem to have in my opinion. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

And Moreno didn’t look great when he played in other games many felt. I thought he was good today but i don’t understand this “ I praised Moreno therefore i must slate Digne “ narrative not specifically by you, a few have said the same. Digne was excellent against Everton. Moreno played great today. It’s a good problem to have in my opinion. 

Just called it as I saw it mate. 

Best modern attacking fullback (and has the same defensive flaws despite a vast improvement) I’ve seen since Jordi Alaba who funnily Emery converted from a winger into a fullback . 

1 hour ago, gwi1890 said:

Best modern attacking fullback (and has the same defensive flaws despite a vast improvement) I’ve seen since Jordi Alaba who funnily Emery converted from a winger into a fullback . 

Football is about opinions but I think you are ever so slightly overrating Moreno here. He looks decent but nothing more atm.  

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, WHY said:

Football is about opinions but I think you are ever so slightly overrating Moreno here. He looks decent but nothing more atm.  

I did say attacking didn’t I . He’s far from a complete fullback he’s like Alaba good at attacking and dribbling but he isn’t better than Robertson , Zinchenko  and so on.

great player, not saying he doesnt have weaknesses, but he is a brilliant attacking full back.

12m was a steal.

I wonder if we might see more cheapish deals like this in the summer, where Emery knows a lot of the quality players in La Liga that wont cost the earth.

Obviously, i expect some big transfers, but i can see a few more like the Moreno deal also.

Edited by MaVilla

46 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

I did say attacking didn’t I . He’s far from a complete fullback he’s like Alaba good at attacking and dribbling but he isn’t better than Robertson , Zinchenko  and so on.

Yeah, I was referring to the attacking bit mate.

1 hour ago, WHY said:

I’ve been fairly impressed with him and good hope for when he really settles, more than decent imo.

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’ve been fairly impressed with him and good hope for when he really settles, more than decent imo.

I was expecting a little more form him on the ball, I thought he would have a go at the opposing full back more than he does. He’s been good making runs and finding space beyond the full back though. Final ball has let him down a few times but for the price we paid he looks good value. The OP said he was the best attacking full back he had seen since Jordi Alba, nothing like VT for over hyping players. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, WHY said:

I was expecting a little more form him on the ball, I thought he would have a go at the opposing full back more than he does. He’s been good making runs and finding space beyond the full back though. Final ball has let him down a few times but for the price we paid he looks good value. The OP said he was the best attacking full back he had seen since Jordi Alba, nothing like VT for over hyping players. 

Same here to be honest. He doesn't look especially quick or tricky. He's better with the ball at his feet than Digne, but Digne is better defensively and has a better cross on him. A minor upgrade, if at all.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Risso said:

Same here to be honest. He doesn't look especially quick or tricky. He's better with the ball at his feet than Digne, but Digne is better defensively and has a better cross on him. A minor upgrade, if at all.

Completely different fullbacks but Moreno offers us way more IMO. Playing down what he offers us offensively is odd, it's clear that he's a huge upgrade on Digne in that area.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Risso said:

Ohhh! I think already he’s been an upgrade on Digne, with more to come.  I understand what you guys are saying but seeing as he’s only just got here, I think each game he’s getting better and already better than Digne imo.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

I don’t think at this next stage of our evolution we need to pick our favourites of one or the other in each position. When Moreno got booked, in a game where the ref was flashing cards, it was amazing to be able to bring on an experienced and accomplished PL player to replace him without dropping the level. Moreno looks like a really smart signing but I actually think Digne is getting a lot of grief right now despite playing pretty well. His ball to Watkins last week for the header Pickford tipped onto the post was lovely.

He's alright going forward, that was never the issue. He's a **** atrocious defender. 

I really like him. Think he will improve next season. Not a natural defender, though, and will have some embarrassing moments. Think Emery will play to his strengths and he’ll become a favourite here, but those who like their full backs to be defenders first and foremost will get a few more grey hairs watching him play.

Â