VillaTalk Deadpool 2023

Xela

36 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

All over social media now and Viv Anderson, ex team mate, has confirmed his death on Instagram.

Why is it a secret? I still don't know/haven't heard.

17 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Why is it a secret? I still don't know/haven't heard.

I don't know mate. It seems the original source is Viv Anderson. Perhaps his family haven't announced it yet. 

Edit - Martin O'Connor (ex SHA captain) also has also posted on social media about it. 

Edited by markavfc40

Francis has definitely passed as now being reported in press. He was at his best slightly before my time but I remember the hat trick he scored against Villa when he played for QPR in the late 80's when he'd have been in his mid 30's and well past his prime. 

Edited by markavfc40

Francis was the same age as me. 

About 1970, I was drinking with my mates in The Tavern in the Town (later to totalled by an IRA bomb and reopened as The Yard of Ale). A 16 year old TF was standing next to 16 year old me at the bar, with some of the sha players. He'd just broken through into their first team, so was widely recognised. Knowing his age, the barman refused to serve him beer, much to the amusement of his teammates - and me. I got my pint of bitter, took a big swig, and smirked a sarcastic "Cheers!" at him. 

I'll grudgingly admit he was a good player. But Brian Little was better. 

• Like 3