World Cup: Matches

Genie

16 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

Ronnie cannot even retire from international football, after an interview with the Portugese Piers Morgan, because 1 more cap would break the World record.

Out of his hands if the manager doesn't pick him going forward, which would be hilarious

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Without disrespecting Morocco too much, and I think they could win the whole thing the way they've been playing, but tonight is the biggest game at a World Cup since '66 for England. What an opportunity. 

100%

Arguably thr best team still stood in the way but so much else has fallen in to place

What an opportunity... Don't play overly safe and throw it away FFS...

Morocco have been brilliant. No end of skill and endeavour. I’d be shocked though if England or France whoever it is, are as naive as Belgium , Spain and Portugal have been, when playing them. If you attack a wall 10 and are constantly repelled and you go back and do the same thing over and over, the result will be the same. Morocco will be beaten when opposition player(s) are brave enough to dribble in 1v1 , imperative to break their line, then markers will have to leave who they are marking to go to the ball carrier. Failing that, pass patiently in your own half, test their discipline and see will one leave the pack - then move into that space. Again been excellent but very beatable. 

Edited by Johnnyp
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Ronaldo’s antics sum up why for me he isn’t the greatest of all time.

undoubtedly he has been one of the best footballers but his lack of class and humility prevents him from being the greatest.

it’s also about how you conduct yourself on and off the pitch that matters

No knockout goals in his career despite playing in 5 world cups. Couldn't have happened to a better guy.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Ronaldo’s antics sum up why for me he isn’t the greatest of all time.

undoubtedly he has been one of the best footballers but his lack of class and humility prevents him from being the greatest.

it’s also about how you conduct yourself on and off the pitch that matters

It's another example why he isn't as good as Messi.

Always disliked Ronaldo and his childish, egotistical behaviour of late has justified my views and those of many others.

• Like 3

Just now, It's Your Round said:

Huge well done to Morocco! 

And a huge HAHAHAHAHAHA to Ronaldo!

The path to the final just got slightly more favourable. 

It is the most English psyche thing EVER to talk about a path to the final when ( a )  Still haven’t played your QF opponent , which is France - they’re kinda alright ( b ) the path seems “ slightly more favourable “ because your perception is Morocco aren’t up to much , despite taking down Belgium, Spain and Portugal. Dear oh dear 😂🙈

• Like 1